Mission Gone Wrong Part Four

Hello everyone!!!! I'm so sorry that it has taken so long. I have gotten a new job!!!!! I do hope you enjoy this small chapter. 

NPOV

A short time later Ezra was sitting on the ramp staring out at the Lothalian plains. He couldn't believe how the mission turned out. He had wanted so desperately to prove that he was a good student but he had messed that up. Master Luminara was gone and it seemed like his dad was more frustrated than ever.  After he had woken up and went in search for his parents he heard them talking about what they were gonna do now.  

 Ezra hung his head sighing loudly feeling an oncoming headache.

"Hey Buddy," Kanan called from behind.

Ezra didn't turn around which was concerning. Coming down the ramp Kanan sat down beside his son.

"So...wanna talk about what happened?"

"There's nothing to talk about," the boy said. "You wanted to Luminara to teach me and I overreacted."

Kanan nodded gazing away.

"I did want her to teach you not because I want to be rid of you as a student, but because I never finished my own. I don't think I'm qualified enough to make sure you stay safe and learn everything you need to know."

"But I don't want anyone else!" Ezra protested. "I want you to teach me!"

"That's sweet Kid but I never finished my training..."

"That doesn't matter," the boy interrupted. "You may not have finished but do you honestly think I would be able to understand any of this stuff if it was someone else?"

"Probably not," Kanan chuckled.

He felt a warmth spread through his chest as he ruffled his son's hair.

"Look," he said after a few minutes. "You and I may fail but we will do it together."

Ezra grinned.

"Can we try this morning's lesson over again? On the ground?"

"Sure Son," the man smiled getting up.

He snapped his lightsaber together and held out to the boy.

"Really ?"

"How else are you going to learn how to block?"

Taking it in his hands, Ezra stared at it.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he answered. "I don't care that you didn't finish your training. I just care that you are teaching me."

Smiling Kanan ruffled the boy's hair again.

"You know if you had been born just a tad bit earlier, you may have gotten to train in a temple."

"What was it like?" Ezra asked.

For the rest of the afternoon as they trained Kanan told Ezra about his adventures with his master and what it was like to grow up in the temple. An for the first time, Kanan found it didn't hurt to talk about the past. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please let me know what you thought. Have a wonderful day!!!!