Last Melody

Always the brave one. I know. Behind the playful Ash, lies a brave heart inside. I glanced at my phone curious of what time it is now. I yawned and finally putted my notebook and pen back to my bag. I turned off my lamp and my tired eyes closed instantly.

The day has come and the thought of it comes back to me. I rolled out of bed with a headache. Too much over-thinking made me slept last night. I checked my alarm clock. 8:45 am. A few hours left and all my questions will be answered. A few hours left and finally I can breathe. A few hours left and I would understand. Why? After all these years? How come I've never even given a chance to talk them?

I rest my head back on the pillow. For hours stayed in the same position thinking about it.

9:15 am

10:36 am

12:45

Finally, I got up. Rubbed my palm across my face and inhaled.

I went straight to the bathroom even without planning to have breakfast or lunch. I fixed myself. Wore my clothes, combed my hair, brushed my teeth and turned on the coffee maker.

I sipped into my cup of coffee as I stared unto the clock. 1:15 pm.

It is said that the party will be prepared at 2:00 pm. I have to be there since I was one of the people who are in need for the preparations.

As long as I am all set. I grabbed my bag and coat and wore my winter boots. Rushed straight to the door with a pounding heart. Oh god.

I've decided to walk since the event will only be 10 blocks away. At least I'd be given a chance to think. I kept on thinking and thinking and then I've realized I've reached my destination. A gym. I was expecting to see a truck full of stereos and designs with cars outside the said venue but none.

Confused, I pushed the double doors. No lights are being placed, no people and no buffet. I was planning to leave but then the music played, it's our song. A single spotlight was directly straight to a board. It wasn't just a simple board. I walked closer to the board then realized the board full of pictures. I looked closely and see five girls with all of their full smiles.

It was like a freedom wall but with all of our pictures in it. I was smiling. In every pic, in every detail of it I remember. Tears fell down upon my cheeks.

I started singing with the song. Then I heard an applause from behind me. I squint my eyes only able to see a silhouette of a girl. She walked closer, It'snHeather! I smiled between tears. I ran towards her and hugged her. I've realized she was crying as well. "Hey! Stop doing that! You know how I hate these kind of dramas!" She wiped tears out of my face. "I can't believe you're here! Where is the others? I mean, oh god I'm shaking." We chuckled.

All of the lights turned on and everything seemed clear, in the middle were only five chairs and a table with food placed neatly on the center. Wait, Five? I thought it was a whole batch of kind of a reunion. Then the doors opened there come out, Masie, Summer and Ashleen. We all ran towards each other and hugged for as long as I can remember.

"Oh, I hate all of you! After all these years!" Heather sobbed.

"Hey, I've waited for all of you damn it." I can't believe I've said that. Whenever I'm with them, something inside me woke up and lifts my spirit high. Why? What's with them? They are the only ones who can do this to me. I hate this feeling but this is where I belong. They are my home.

"Well, do all of you think I don't feel the same way?" Ashleen spoke out. "I thought you forgot about me." She added.

"Guys, please. Don't make this too hard." Summer, as always, spoke sweetly. Of course, she is.