Chapter 21

MARIA'S POV:

After Hunter and I got our ice cream, he took me out to get some WingStop, which I thought would be awkward because I'm not exactly comfortable with eating wings in front of just anybody.

"What do you want?" Hunter asked looking up at the choices as I stood beside him and looked as well.

"Hmm, I'll have garlic parmesan," I replied.

"Garlic? Gross, your breath is gonna stink." he replied laughing a bit.

"Hey! It's not just garlic, there's also--" I was cut off by him ordering.

"Hey, can I get 5 cajun wings and 5 garlic parmesan please?" he asked the cashier.

Instead of just standing there waiting for him to finish ordering, I walked over to an empty table and sat down. To avoid the fact I was alone right now, I got on my phone and checked every social media I had on my phone. From Snapchat to Twitter.

At the corner of my eye, I saw Hunter with two cups walking to the drink machine. "Maria, what do you want?" he asked.

"A sprite please!" I replied.

"Alright," he replied getting our drinks, then walking over towards our table setting them down.

"Thank you." I said with a small smile and took a sip from my soda.

"No need," he replied.

It was silent between the two of us, I guess we just didn't know what to say to each other since we practically said almost everything back at the ice cream shop.

From Hunter liking a girl to how school was treating us, then some dude came up behind Hunter, and apparently he knew him.

"Hey, Hunter!" the guy greeted and he just turned around and did a little handshake.

"Hey, what's up Mace. What are you doing here?" Hunter asked.

"Just here to get some food with my friend." he replied as he looked over at me. "Who's the cute girl sitting across you?" he whispered.

"Oh, right. Maria this Mason, Mason this is Maria." Hunter introduced us.

"Nice to meet you beautiful," Mason winked.

Ugh, what a flirt...

"Nice to meet you too," I replied.

After a few minutes of waiting, and talking to that Mason guy our wings were finally done. At that time, my cravings kicked in so once the wings were shown I dug in!

"Wow looks like someone's been craving Wingstop for awhile now." he chuckled.

Before I knew it, he took out his phone and snapped a picture of me.

"Hey!" I said. "No pictures when I'm eating!" I complained.

"Okay, then pose for the camera. I need something for my story," he replied.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'll just post this one then..." he replied as I waved my hands in the air signaling him no.

"Okay, okay. Take a new one," I replied.

HUNTER'S POV:

When Maria dug into the food, I couldn't help but take a picture on Snapchat. But I forgot it wasn't on silent.

"Hey!" she said. "No pictures when I'm eating!" she added sounding flustered.

"Okay, then pose for the camera. I need something for my story," I replied.

She rolled her eyes at me which made a small grin appear on my face, because I know she didn't agree to it.

"I'll just post this one then..." I replied as she waved her hands in the air signaling me not to.

"Okay, okay. Take a new one," she replied.

I nodded and got my snapchat ready as Maria smiled holding the box of wings.

Uploaded! And saved...

"Oh yeah, what's your snapchat?" she asked.

I just handed her my phone so she can add herself.

After a long day of hanging out with Maria, though I'm not complaining.. I asked for her address and drove her home. And when I did, she was knocked out in the passenger's seat.

I parked in front of her house and just looked at her sleeping face, she looked so cute and peaceful in her sleep. It's too bad I wasn't the first to see it.

I took out my phone and took a picture of her sleeping, probably gonna use it for blackmailing.. after that, I woke her up and watched as her eyes slowly fluttered open.

"We're here." I said as she gently rubbed her eyes sitting up properly.

"Thank you," she yawned which looked like the most adorable thing ever.

"No problem." I replied and watched as she left the car and walked into her house.

When she was inside, I drove away and turned on the radio.

Of all the people I could've liked.. why her? Why the one who has feelings for someone else? Why her? Then, at that moment Ryder's words came into my mind...

"You wanna be something more with her? Go up to her and tell her she's yours, no one else's. No one can have her but you."

"You're pathetic. You'll never get what you want if you don't go after it."

I really am pathetic...

• - • - • - • - •
• - • - • - •
A/N: thank you guys soooo much for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, please comment and vote! Also, thank you guys for getting the story to 4.2k reads!! I luh ya'll so much! And I do hope you guys enjoy reading my story just as much as I enjoy writing it. Also, sorry if this chapter seemed a bit sucky ;-; better chapters are coming, I promise!