Chapter 12

It was 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and I was planning my trip to visit Mason and his family for the first time. I was super nervous hoping they all would like me at least more than his little sister Marie.

Marie really didn't like me that much and I had only met her once along with a few other friends from Mason's church back home. I wanted Jenn to come with but she was going to surprise Josh and go down and visit him.

I was happy for her. Josh was a really amazing guy and I was glad he was in love with my best friend. They were perfect together.

It was fun seeing all my friends dating and falling in love with one another. I couldn't wait until one of us would get married.
~~~~

I was packing up a few last minute things along with my laptop when I heard a knock on my door.

"Hey Angel, you almost ready to visit my family?" I heard Mason behind me as I jump a little lost in my thoughts.

I gave him a punch on the arm and told him I would be outside in a minute after checking on Jenn. She was in her room looking at her flight schedule.

"Hey you excided to go home?" I ask her knowing she was antsy to get to see Josh and her parents again.

"Ya it's been forever since I was home." Jenn says giving me a smile as Mason walks in behind me.

"Well I know one guy who's going to be thrilled to see you." I tell her with a grin.

"I can't wait to surprise him, when are you guys leaving?" She asks as I give her a hug.

"We're heading out now. Don't want to get there to late." I hear Mason say over my shoulder.

"Well be safe and drive carefully." Jenn says giving me one last hug goodbye.

"Don't worry I'll make sure he doesn't drive to crazy." I tell Jenn while giving Mason a smirk over my shoulder as we head outside to the car. I put my favourite music on and we head off to Michigan.
~~~

The first night took awhile for me to finally fall asleep and getting used to being somewhere I never been before. After a few days I got used to it and slept fine. It was Thanksgiving and we were all getting everything ready for the family to eat.

Dinner wasn't as big as I was used to since Mason's family was a lot smaller than mine but the food was still good and we both ate a lot. We were watching Charlie brown on my laptop and eating some ice cream while Mason's mom built a small fire in the fireplace.

I really enjoyed being around his family and was glad we were spending time together. It seemed like it had been forever since Mason and I had spent time together just the two of us without being interrupted by one of his friends or some girls who would try to flirt with him which of course always made me mad. Didn't Mason know I wouldn't want him or some girl flirting with each other.
~~~

It was Tuesday and Mason's mom and dad decided to take us to see the Christmas lights display in one of the local parks. We drove around looking at all the light displays. They looked pretty and bigger when you got closer to them.

After checking out the lights we headed to Sonic to get some food and head back home so his parents could get some sleep before heading out for work.
~~~~

It was my last day with Mason and his family we already had done a lot together, but they had one last place they wanted to take me. We were headed to Frankenmuth and Mason had told me he had a surprise for me which he wasn't telling what it was.

We had gotten to Frankenmuth and I was shocked at all the little Christmas ornaments they had. It was a whole building full of just ornaments. Mason's parents had wondered off as me and Mason headed over to see some football themed ornaments.

Mason was fidgeting with something in his pocket. I couldn't help but laugh inside seeing how nervous he was. Soon he pulled out a small white box and handed it to me.

"Since we won't be together on Christmas I decided to get you an early present. Merry Christmas Angelica." Mason smiled with a hint of anticipation in his eyes.

I took the little box from him and opened it up to see a necklace with a small dolphin pendant. I smiled giving Mason a hug.

"I love it, thank you Mason." giving him the necklace to help put it on.

"It looks great on you!" he said with a small blush in his cheeks. "I'm glad you like it."
~~~

It's been almost 4 years since Mason and I started dating. I wanted to do something special and decided to surprise him for a visit to see him and his family again.

It took me a few weeks but I had finally worked everything out and headed up to see Mason. He was a little surprised but I could sense he kind of wished I hadn't come. I hoped that it was just me.

We had visited the zoo and were headed to the Ford museum. It was pretty neat. They had a display of all the old President cars and even a display of huge trains. I had a lot of fun looking around at the different displays and historical things they had like the chair Lincoln was shot in.