Chapter 13

*picture of fried Oreos*

School was about to start up in a few weeks and me and the rest of my friends were at our regular table looking through the different classes we wanted to take and about the harvest fest coming up.

I was about to ask Alex and Jenn what classes they were taking when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned seeing Mason and smiled for a second until I saw the girl standing next to him.

"Hey I want you to meet someone." Mason says as he noticed my glare up at the girl beside him.

Great I thought what I don't need is to meet another girl who wants to be 'friends' with my boyfriend. I had a enough girls he was friends with and hanging around. O well might as well get it over with.

"This is Lola we met earlier in registration." Mason says to me.

I just look at her with not so happy a smile. "Hi I'm Angelica." I didn't really pay attention to the conversation after that. Mason had started to sit down and I had noticed Lola had disappeared which I was thankful for her leaving.

I didn't really get why Mason had introduced me to them, but I hated the gut feeling I had gotten seeing them together. I thought I would put it in the back of my mind. Alex had spoken up and I was glad to think of something else.

"So we're all going to harvest fest together right?" he said looking at me noticing my mind was somewhere else. I just smile at him reassuring him I was fine.

"I think we we're all planning to go." Mason told Alex looking over at me. I had my head down back in my own little thoughts. I couldn't shake the feeling something was about to happen between us soon.
~~~~

Harvest fest was tonight and me and Jenn were getting ready. I had told her about Lola and Mason the night before and she tired to assure me everything will be OK. I on the other hand wasn't so sure.

Once on campus we all split up into couples. Mason and I had been walking around to the different stands of people selling different things. I had stopped by one that was selling fried Oreos.

"One to try one?" I ask Mason with a smirk.

"Only if you try one with me." I shook my head as we both took one. They were pretty good and we bought a couple more.

We had kept running into Lola. I really was getting uneasy how Mason was always walking around in a big circle so we would meet up with her. It made it more unsettling when I would notice how they both looked at each other.

They were in their own little world talking not noticing I had walked away from them to a booth. A friend of my family was there selling different pictures he had drawn. He was a really good artist and his drawings were the best.

I had bought a few until I decided I wanted to get out of there and just go home. I had enough of seeing my boyfriend making googly eyes with another girl.
~~~

It had been weeks since I had seen Mason and he wasn't answering any of my texts. I hated that he wasn't talking to me but it was lucky that I had been busy helping tutor my nephew Danny. Danny was smart but he really liked giving me a hard time.

I was worn out and had text Mason to get stuff off my chest but he was still ignoring me.
~~~

I had taken a nap and heard my phone go off. I didn't want to talk to anyone but looked at it anyway. It was a text from Mason.

I'm at work I can't talk ok. What did you want!

Nothing.

Tell me.

It was nothing just forget it.

I was frustrated already from the day I had I really didn't need to get in another one of our stupid fights. Then I got another message and my heart just dropped.

Angelica I been thinking about it for awhile and I believe it's God's will we break up. I still want to be friends.

Seriously!!! He's been thinking about it for awhile? Well that would explain how he's been ignoring me for almost a month. What is with this I believe it's God's will and wanting to still be friends.

He ripped my heart out and couldn't break up with me to my face, and he wants to still be friends!!!! No way.

You still there talk to me.

Mason I don't want to talk to you. Seriously you been ignoring me and wanted to flirt with Lola on our date last month and now want to dump me in a text. How can you not think how I feel right now. You really think I'd want to be friends after you treat me like this.

Mason had text me a few times more but I just ignored my phone and started crying. I couldn't believe the first guy that I fell in love with would turn into such a jerk. I wasn't stupid I knew it was over him liking Lola behind my back. I just wished he hadn't ripped my heart out to be with her and lie to me.
~~~

I couldn't sleep at all or wanted to eat. I was just numb all over. I wanted to curl up and die right there my heart hurt so much I couldn't stand it. I started crying again. I heard someone come in my room and I didn't look up at who it was I was so tired.

"You OK? I could hear you in my room." Jenn asks holding me in her arms. I started to talk but ended up crying some more.

"It's Mason. He just texted me and said we're over." I lost it again and Jenn held me until I couldn't cry no more. I spent the next few minutes telling her what happened and she sighed looking at me.

"I'm sorry sis, but if he's going to keep treating you like this he doesn't deserve you in the first place." That made me feel a little better. She was right I didn't deserve to be treated like I don't matter. I hugged her and finally fell asleep.

A few days passed before I saw Mason. He was standing talking to Lola. I really didn't want to see them.

"Angelica we need to talk."

"Fine what you want." I tell Mason through gritted teeth. It was taking all my energy and focus not to punch him in the face right there.

"I just wanted to say that I didn't dump you for Lola. I care about you and you know I wouldn't hurt you."

A little late for that I thought but I didn't say anything.

"You know me I wouldn't throw you under the bus like that and throw our relationship away like it's nothing. If you don't believe me then I guess you never cared."

Seriously I'm the one who never cared!!! How can he stand there lying to my face and say I'm the one who doesn't care.

"Mason I do care if I never did I wouldn't be the one who tried to keep our relationship together while you went and cheated on me. You're the one who stabbed me in the back countless times and I was stupid enough to forgive you. You let our relationship burn up before it ever began. I forgive you for breaking up with me to be with her but don't expect me to forgive you for treating me like trash and acting like I never meant anything to you." I was so ticked off right now my eyes were full of tears as I walked away from him never looking back again.