chapter 8

Spring was finally here and the snow was gone. I liked snow, but it was mostly dirty here in Indiana instead of nice and white.

I loved spring. It meant my birthday was soon and I couldn't wait. Me and my friends were all going to the dunes to celebrate.

Jenn, me, Kelly, and Katelyn were going to meet up with all the guys.

I let Jenn drive since I had to use my phone to navigate where to go. I was telling her where to turn when I get a text from Nick my 'little sisters' friend.

Hey its nich, it's about Ashley! She's in the hospital

Really? What happened she OK?

She passed out during school. The Dr says she has a whole in her heart.

Keep me posted when she gets out I'll come visit her later.

Ashley was a girl I met last summer during Summer camp. I had been a counselor and we had been close ever since.

"Everything OK?" Mason called to me. I didn't realize we were already at the dunes.

"It's Ashley she had to go to the hospital. They found a whole in her heart." I tell him while we head up to the beach. Walking through the hill of sand was ruff.

"I'm sorry, but she'll be OK I promise." He tells me whipping away a tear from my eye with the sleeve of his hoody I was wearing.

We finally made it to the beach side and set up a few games to play. The view was pretty and peaceful looking out to the water.

Me and Jenn were throwing a football around when I noticed out the corner of my eye Mason writing in the sand.

"Angelica come hear." He said grinning at me. I come over and on the sand was written A+M 4-ever in a heart.

"Aw, thanks."

"Angelica I promise that I'll take care of you. Be the best boyfriend I can and not hurt you. I love you."

My eyes were starting to swell up. He said it. He said I love you. I couldn't be happier.

"I love you to Mason." I smile at him and was soon attacked by my friends congratulating me.

"I'm going to miss you guys during Summer break!" I tell them and they all nod.

"We're going to miss you to Angelica! Don't worry we'll be back soon." They say giving me another hug.
~~~

Summer break was hear and for some reason Mason wasn't talking to me as much as we used to.

"Mason still not texting you?" Jenn asks.

"No and its been weeks. When he does he just says he's been busy. We're drifting apart Jenn and I don't know what to do." I tell her as I help her pack for her trip home and to see Josh. They had been together for along time and I knew he wanted to tell her how he felt when she came down.

"Don't worry sis. I'm sure when you guys get back together again everything will be back to normal."

"I hope you're right. These message I get from these random girls about him aren't helping, but you know I love him." With every message my heart broke. I didn't think he would do all those things behind my back. I loved him and always forgave him in spite of it all.

"I know and he did tell you it was a mistake and he'd never mean to hurt you right?"

"You're right Jenn. Thanks I know you always have my back." I smile up at her.

"You better know it" She winks. "Besides tomorrow you're going to be helping at the camp again it'll get your mind off it. In a couple weeks you'll see him again."

"I can't wait. Camp is fun but the kids can get a little crazy."

"I bet. How's Ash doing?"

"She's better. They fixed the whole and she's going to spend a few days with me at the camp."

"That's great I better head out don't want to miss my flight."

"OK let me know how things go when you land and with Josh." I give Jenn a hug as she heads out. The next few weeks are going to be crazy without her.