Luck of the..... British?

The day I've been waiting for, St Pattys Day. Edgar and I's bet still stands so now it's time to put him to shame.

Things have been slow for the last few hours so Sig sent me in early to start cooking. Currently I stand over the stove getting the pudding prepped.

I decided to go with a good old English recipe. Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding. Luckily, it's easy to make without a whole bunch of resources. I figured a side of Yorkshire pudding would give the meal a good twist.

I have a good feeling that the boys will be impressed. The meal isn't too complex, but I've got my Nan's recipe for it. It always seemed to impress the people of the committee back in Yorkshire.

Watch out Edgar.

XxXxXxXxXxXx

By the time the guys came in, I had the table fully set. I also took the liberty to make their plates and pour them Earl Grey to compliment the meal.

After they had taken their gear off, they walked in only to look at me in awe. I smirked and looked over at Edgar, who looked back at me impressed.

I look to my left as Sig comes down from the helm only for his jaw to drop. "What did you make. It smells delicious."

Each of the guys too their seats and I sat next to Sig. "I made you an Yorkshire delicacy. Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding. To compliment the meal I also poured you each a glass of Earl Grey."

Sig and the crew nodded hungrily and started to dig into their food. Each of their eyes widened as they took a bite of the roast beef. "This came out of that stove" Sig said shocked, a chuckle escaping him.

I laughed "Yeah. Maybe that's what was wrong with Edgar's food." I winked over at him and he rolled his eyes.

I had already eaten, so I figured that I would clean up while they eat. I got up and walked to the sink, cleaning the dishes and setting them in the cabinet.

"This is impressive, Nicole. Not too sure how you've managed to make something this delicious in our shabby little kitchen." Nick said, a small piece of roast beef coming out with his words.

I laughed and acted as if tilting a hat to him "Thank you chap."

All but Edgar laughed at this. He just continued to shove his face with food.

I smirk and take a sip of my tea, my mouth welcoming the warmth.

XXXXXXX

After the dishes had been finished the crew had finished eating, we sat around the table waiting for them to judge the meals in comparison.

"So who do you think did better?" Edgar said, demanding the answer out of them.

Nick, Sig, Matt, and Anderson all pointed to me. I smirked across the table to Edgar who chuckled. "I couldn't help but to agree."

I looked at him slightly shocked. "I accept my defeat. Looks like we have our new cook lads. Definitely brig some more of those English recipes with you next season."

He grinned at me, which I returned before Sig stood and laughed. "Well, we have our successor, now it's time to get our asses back on deck. Those pots aren't going to pull themselves."

"Aye Captain." I laugh, walking and gearing up to re-emerge myself into the icy winds of the Bering Sea.

The crew walked out on deck, and as I began to walk out Edgar stopped me. "I wasn't lying. Bring s'more of those recipes with you. I'm half the cook you are. You're definitely pulling your weight around here. I'm really glad that you've joined our crew."

I smile and kiss his cheek "thanks Edgar." He chuckles and walks out on deck towards to bait jars to load them.

Soon I'm back feeling the exhilarating rush as I toss the hooks and pull the pots in.

XxXxXxXxXxXx

I groan as I flop onto my bunk. I wearily pull off my socks and toss them to the foot.

Things sped up halfway though the night. Our pots were filled to brim.

But Anderson and I were sent to sleep a bit once things slowed back down.

I stared at the ceiling and smiled.

There's past few years have been perfect. Well set aside what happened with Mandy and Jake.

I got off that shabby processor, I got a job on the Northwestern. And even though becoming a full fledged deckhand and becoming the ships cook aren't major, they still have made this experience even more perfect.

This is my life now, and I love it.