Hold Me Close.

After a hour of regrouping I drove home to see Jakes car in the driveway. I sighed and pulled in. I looked up as I see my front door open and Jake ran out to my car, his eyes were bloodshot. His cheeks were stained with tears, and his eyes were red and puffy. My heart dropped into my stomach. I stepped out and he hugged me tight "I'm so sorry Nicole! I was drunk!".

I hugged him back and buried my face in the crook of his neck, tears welling up in my eyes. He rubbed soothing circles on my back "please don't leave me Nicole" he whispered softly. "I won't" I choked out. He took my hand and pulled me inside. He sat down on the couch and pulled me onto his lap, I laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes.

I woke up a few hours later, I lifted my head and glanced down at Jake, who was passed out still. I leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his lips. I pulled away and a warm smile spread across his lips, moment later he opened his eyes. I smiled at his and he hugged me "are you okay?." "Yes" I stood up and swayed slightly, Jake placed his hand on my side to steady me. "Careful" . I looked down at him and blushed "thank you Jake".

....

....

(3 months later, Opillio Season Begins.....)

I look over at Jake as we drive to the docks, my heart pounds harder as we get closer. I looked over at Jake as he pulled over, a confused look replaced my over joy ed expression. "What's the matter?" "Promise me that you will be extra careful this season, I don't want to lose you". I frowned and took his free hand "Jake, I promise." He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze before pulling onto the road again.

...

As we pulled up I noticed Sig arguing with my old boss on the processor. We pulled into the lot and I quickly got out and ran over to them. "Nicole!" Sig chanted cheerfully. "Hi Capt." I smiled and he pulled me into a hug.

I look over my shoulder as Jake walks up behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist "Hey Jake!" "Hey Sig " he smiled. Captain Sig and I have really connected since I first started on the boat. "Hello Nicole" Jeremy said coldly. "Hello" I snapped. "

This asshole wants you back on the processor because of your accident, he believes that you don't deserve to be on the boat" I stared at Jeremy coldly and he smirked "Its not like your Fat-Ass is doing anything productive with your life." I spat.

His smirk fell and he walked away muttering under his voice "bitch". "I heard that prick!" I shouted as he walked away. Jake hugged my waist and I smiled triumphantly.

"You ready for Opie season Nicole?" "Hell yes!". Sig smiled wide and turned to Jake "well me and the captains are going to do our pre- take off dinner" "Alright! Me and Jake are going to go out for supper as well, is that okay?" "Of course!" Sig flashed us a small smile before stalking off to his truck.

...

"Can I please take off this blindfold now babe?" I whined playfully. "Yes" he said as the car stopped. I reached behind my head and slipped off the blindfold.

My eyes widened in surprise. "Valentino's? Babe this place is super expensive!" "I know, but you mean the world to me, and I wanted to celebrate our 6 month anniversery!" I giggled as he got out of the car and opened my door for me "after you Milady!." I giggled harder and stepped out.

He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine and I instantly kissed back. He pulled away and looped his arm through mine "shall we?" "We shall".

...

Once we were seated and we ordered our food, the waiter brought us a bottle after champeign. "Wow" I blinked in surprised. This wasn't like him, when we had dates it was at simple little restaurants like Olive Garden or AppleBees.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Jake kneeld beside me. A dark blush crept across my cheeks as he took my hands in his. "Baby, I know we have been together six months, but we have known each other for six years. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, will you Nicole, do me the Honer of marrying me?"

I was speechless, tears met my eyes and I jumped into his arms and kissed him. "I take that as a yes" he said laughing. "Yes!" He pressed his lips to mine and wrapped his arms around my waist lifting me up. He pulled away slowly and slipped the ring onto my finger. "I love you Jake" "I love you too Nicole" he pressed his lips against mine again. This night was perfect.

(A/N comment and let me know! Vote pleaseeeeeeeeeeee)