Chapter 1: New Beginnings

" Hope! Wake up! We need to get going!" 

As I open my eyes the sunlight blinds me and I roll over and shove my face towards my pillow.

" Ugh. Great." I groan 

My mother is making us move again today for the billionth time. We never stay in a place for more than a couple months. I have never known why and my mother doesn't tell me anyways. We've lived in Chicago for 8 months now which is more then usual and I am actually happy here.  I have two bestfriends and I am doing good in school. I can't believe my mom is making me move again to another place where I'm going to have to fit in with everyone else. I know I'm sounding kind of like a  bitch right now but it's the truth. I hate having to start over and leave my friends, school, and town. 

I finally get off my bed and stand up. I stretch and go to the bathroom and brush my teeth and comb my hair. After, I look at myself in the mirror. I have dark bags under my eyes and my hair is a mess. I haven't been sleeping in the past few nights. I keep having these awful nightmares where I'm being chased by something and all of a sudden I bump into a man. He has blond hair and blue eyes. In a way, he kind of looks like me. The dream just ends after that. I don't know why I've been having that nightmare though. It just makes no sense to me. 

I put some makeup on to cover my bags under my eyes and just leave everything else natural.  I put on a a black crop top with a light brownish cropped hoodie, my ripped blue jeans,  and my black combat boots. I grab my purse and head down stairs ( pic of outfit below)

 I grab my purse and head down stairs ( pic of outfit below)

I race down the stairs and run into the kitchen to see my mom writing in her journal. My mother has always written in her journal since I was younger. I never ask her what she writes even though I've always wondered. 

" Hey baby girl. How are you doing? Ready to hit the road?" My mom says as she looks up at me

" Yeah" I say with a sigh 

" Look...Hope I know you hate doing this. Trust me I hate it to bu-"

" But what mom? If you hate this so much and so do I what's the point? Why are we always moving? What are we running from?" I say my voice rising as I cut her off.

" I can't tell you right now Hope. I'm sorry but this is just what we have to do." She says pinching her nose.

" Whatever" I turn around and walking away and go outside. As I shut the door I hear

" Surprise!!" 

" Oh My God!!" I scream as I see my two bestfriends facing me with funny looks on their faces  " What the hell are you two doing?!" I say laughing 

" We're here to say goodbye to you Hopy" Allison says with a sad smile

" yeah are you sure you  have to go?" Lia says sadly 

" I don't have a choice guys. But I promise you, I'll call and text everyday and I'll try to visit."

They smile and say " K Hopy" 

My mom comes outside with the last box in her hand " Oh hey Allison, Lia. Come to say goodbye?" She says 

" Yeah, have a nice trip Mrs. Lancaster" Allison says 

" Yeah bye!" Lia says

My mom smiles and walks away and then Allison puts a box in my hand.

" What is this?" I ask them

" Well why don't you open it and see yourself lazy" Lia says with a smirk

I open the box and it's a locket with a blue diamond on it. Inside, is a picture of all three of us before  prom ( Picture below). As I look up I see they have the same necklace.

 As I look up I see they have the same necklace

" Oh my god guys...thank you so much."  I say as I pull them into a group hug

" no problem Hope" Allison says 

" Hope! We gotta get going!" My mom yells from the car. 

" I gotta go." I say with tears in my eyes

" Love you Hope" Lia says 

" I love you to and take care of yourself" Allison says 

" I will and I love you two to." 

I walk away to the car and get into the passenger seat next to my mom. I put in ear buds and lean against the window as we start driving. If only I could have a normal family and life. I've never know my dad or any of my family for that matter. I'm 17 years old and I have no idea who my family is or where they are. Every time I  bring it up my mom tells me to drop it. But I just want to know my dad you know? I want to have a happy and normal life. Ha. Like that's ever gonna happen. 

As me and my mom drive away, I see Allison and Lia waving goodbye. Sadness overwhelms me and all I can think about is how I'm over doing this. I want the truth and I want to know everything that's been kept from me. God knows that's not happening anytime soon though.

Ok guys! So that's the first chapter of I am Hope Mikaelson! Hope you enjoyed!