Chapter 11: Training

Songs for this chapter: Destroya By My Chemical Romance and Skinny Love by

--------------///////--//////

It's been two days since I blacked out. I still have no clue what happened. I was thinking about Nadia then the next thing I know I'm in excruciating pain and I black out. It had do something  with the fact that the side of me that is a hybrid is coming in and the part of me that is a witch isn't reacting too well. 

Jesus did I really just say that?

I've been taking care of Emily lately. The more time I spend with her, the more I think of her as like my little sister. Ive been taking her around the city and trying to take her mind off her mom. She's so heartbroken...I can't even imagine what she's going through right now. We've talked a lot lately and I've learned that she was adopted by Nadia when she was just a year old. My family and I are still not on such great terms but they have helped a lot with Emily and I am grateful for that. (Pic of Emily below)

Today is the day that I start my training with Marcel

Today is the day that I start my training with Marcel. I put on my Reebok black pants and my black sports bra with my adidas zip up. I get my phone and run out the door not saying a goodbye. I'm in no need to get interrogated by my family. I get to the gym that's down town where Marcel told  me to meet him. I walk in and there's a ton of weights around and in the middle there's a large circular platform with cage wiring around it. 

 "There she is!" I hear and I turn to see Marcel walking towards me with a smirk on his face. 

"Marcel," I say with a nod.

"You ready to train girl? I'm not going easy on you. The more you progress and learn...the more you will gain control."

 "I'm ready. Quite frankly I don't have a choice do I?" I ask.

He just stares at me and smiles nodding his head towards the fighting ring. 

"Get your gloves on and meet me in the ring," he says.

( start playing destroya)

I get boxing gloves off the shelf. This shouldn't be too hard. I've been doing boxing since I was 10. But then again...I've  ever fought a vampire before.

I take off my hoodie and get into the ring. We get in fighting position and I breathe and try to calm myself.

He takes the first shot and I duck and slide around him. He tries to hit me again and this time a block it and send a right hook to his face. He doesn't see it coming and his head swings to the side.

"Damn!" he exclaims, "good job." 

We continue  to fight for hours. He knocks me down a lot and gets some good hits at me but I at least got a couple good hits to.

"Ok so now that that's done...we need to work on you being able to shift and control your urge for blood," he says.

( stop playing song) 

"What? I'm not even a hybrid yet I haven't turned," I say confused.

"I know that. But...when you turn 18 it will happen out of nowhere. You will become a hydrid and you will have the urge to kill everything in your path. Personally...I think you should get it over with and turn right now."

"No. I know how this works. I have to kill someone and trigger my werewolf side. Once I trigger that my vampire side will come in. I Will not kill someone Marcel." I hiss 

"Hope I'm trying to help you. What do you think is going to happen?! You'll just be able to control it? Look the sooner you get it over with the sooner you'll be in control. If you turn in your own when you turn 18 you will have no control and you will turn. At least if you turn now you will have time to learn control. I'm trying to help you." 

" I will not kill someone for my benefit Marcel," and with that I put on my jacket and walk out. As I step outside the cool breeze blows my hair around. I start to walk home when my phone rings. 

"Hello?" I ask into the phone.

"Hope can you please come home?" I hear Emily ask me.

"Why huns whats wrong?" I say as I continue walking.

"I just really need to talk to someone right now and your the only person I feel safe with," she replies.

"Awe Em I'll be home soon okay? I'm on my way," I respond and hang up. 

(Start playing skinny love)

When I arrive home my father comes marching up to me and exclaims, "Where have you been?! Your mother and I have been looking for you all day."

" Look first of all, its none of your business. What I do? it has nothing to do with you. Also I don't have time for you to be playing protective parent right now okay? I'm not ready for that. Right now, I need to go see Emily....so if you'll excuse me," I say.

I walk into Emily's room to see her sitting on her bead with her head down.

"Hey Em whats up?"

"I don't really know Hope...I-I'm just so sad lately. I miss my mom," she responds and starts to cry.

"Look, Em I'm going to be super honest with you. Theres nothing that an one can say or do to make you feel better. The truth is that the pain will never go away and you'll carry it for the rest of your life. But you will be happy again. And I will always be here for you," I tell her.

For the rest of the night I stay on her bead with her in my arms and comforted her as she cried. In that moment I felt something I had t felt In a while. I felt the love of family and Felt hope. This was the night I promised to always be there for Emily and protect her with my life no matter what. I refused to let her live a life of hurt, sadness, and pain. I'm going to make sure she's happy. 

( stop playing song)

UPDATE:

Hi! I'm sooooo sorry I havent updated in a couple months but I'm planning on updating a lot more now. Ill be posting again this week loves 

xoxo Marley