Chapter 45: Christmas Eve

Several snowball fights and a decoration competition once again took over most of the holiday season for the mystreet crew. However, there was still the big secret Santa party they all had planned. And with that, the Christmas party.  Aphmau was frantically trying to set everything up because of 'Christmas magic.' Aaron was going through the boxes of decorations to see the mistletoe. He walked up behind Aphmau and hugs her from behind.
"How're the cookies going?"
Her face immediately becomes flustered.
"Uh, g-good." She turned to look at him for a moment and saw his mischievous smirk as he held the mistletoe above the two of them. She leans in and grabs the icing from the table. In one swift movement she violently swipes icing on his cheek. He immediately starts wiping it off.
"Aphmau, what the-"
"SMOKE BOMB!" She yells as she throws the bag of flour at him and runs.
"Don't think you'll get away THAT easily!" He replies as he chases her. She runs up the stairs and hides behind the door of their room. Aaron came running back in after her, glancing around the room.
"Hey Aphmau~ I'm gonna find you~." He jokingly taunts. She makes a run for the bedroom door and sprints down the stairs, Aaron still trailing her. He then tackles her to the ground playfully right near the front door. The two caught their breath.
"I got you." He says. She sighs.
"Fine, I've been defeated." Aphmau kisses Aaron. The front door then swung open.
"WHOS READY TO PART-" Travis stops yelling when he sees the two on the floor, covered in flour and frosting. Katelyn steps inside seconds after and bursted out laughing at the sight.
Aphmau laughs in embarrassment.
"Hey guys..."
Katelyn walked inside to clean up the flour in the kitchen and Travis helped fix the cookies that were now covered in flour.
~~~~~~~~time spik-----------
The room filled with laughter.
"Thank you, Laurence, for the sexy santa costume."
"No problem, buddy."
Lucinda asks a genuine question.
"What do you intend on him using it for, Laurence?"
"Oh... Garroth will find out later." Laurence says with a wink, causing more laughter. All gifts were opened and everyone went into the kitchen to eat the cookies. Travis was the only one left in the room and he spotted a small envelope in the back of the tree. He grabs it and pulls himself out from underneath the tree. He opens the random letter addressed to him and takes out a note that was eerily written in cut out magazine letters. Opening the note, he read:
Heya kiddo. Having a good time? Just here to let you know I'm not gone, I haven't been gone, and I'll never leave you. Make sure to watch your back, buddy. This is your only warning. You know who I am, but it's been over 10 years... they won't believe you...
-Much love,                Your living nightmare.
He bolted to the bathroom. Travis, locked in the room, had been having an anxiety attack. What should he do? Call the police? Get a private investigator? Who knows how long this was happening for. He just got the note that day but that meant at LEAST months maybe YEARS of this happening. He did the only sensible thing he thought he could;

Go to the front door quickly, put on his winter jacket, and hurry.
"Travis; wait-" Travis slammed the door on whatever Katelyn's concern was. He had no time to explain. Only time to go to the police right then and there. He bolted. Down the side of the house to the curb and right as he rushed, he bumped into a man. He knew him. The hat giving shade enough to recognize but not identify him. The slightly sincere yet sinister smirk. The way the man's fingers rolled right off the side of his hat as he spoke the word "'afternoon." as he was walking by to seem normal. Travis knew, Travis remembered. He'd be going to the police but what could he tell them? A nightmare has come alive and it's going to switch into full gear, whether it's today... tomorrow.....

Or when it will matter the most. Either way, he walked quicker towards mid town to go talk to the man who stopped this years ago. Hopefully, he could protect Katelyn from his last coming to haunt him once again. This time, not in his nightmares. It was happening for real and no one knew how to stop it.

------
HEYYY GUYS IM BACK FOR TWO CHRISTMAS CHAPTERS IN A ROW ILL HOOK U UP WITJ SOME HOLIDAY CHAPTERS AM I RIGHT BEST LRESENT FOR TOU THIS YEAR IS THIS CLIFF HANGER HAHA OKAY BYE SANTA IS HERE GOTTS BLAST ILL HAVE A CHRISTMAS CHAPTER TOMORROW