Chapter 66: Breaking the News

Katelyn sat with her fingers intertwined with Travis'.  They just got back from a counseling session, and as soon as the got home, they fell onto the couch and leaned on each other.
She broke the silence, "I... I think we're gonna be okay."
"I know we're gonna be okay." He smiled.
"So this is... a lot. I um, I've been thinking..."
"A dangerous pastime." He teased.
"Yeah, and I realized that we need to tell everyone."
"Right, yeah. You're a few weeks along, so we probably should."
"So, invite everyone over and just say it?"
"Yeah," Travis' expression suddenly dropped, "Oh no."
"What's wrong?"
"Your dad is gonna kill me."
Katelyn laughed, "Oh no, dear, my brothers would get to you first. You'd be lucky if you only had to take on my dad. But don't worry your sweet little head about it. They'd have to go through me first."
"Thank you. My sweet little head is all I've got."
"Really? I peg you as more of an 'eye-candy' kinda guy."
"I'll take that as a compliment."
"Good. So, plans..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With everyone gathered together at the house, it didn't take long for their guests to start speculating. Katelyn and Travis stepped into the kitchen to compose themselves.

"Whew! Okay. We've got this." Katelyn reassured.

"Yep." Travis replied with a smile.

"All we have to do is tell everyone. And they'll be happy. Not... worried about how we're gonna manage or think its a bad idea or think we're rushing things or judge me for-"

"Katelyn?"

She paused and took a deep breath. She reached over and held his hand. "Sorry, sorry, I just... we're okay. I'm okay."

"No need to apologize, love. I'm here for you, and-" He placed a hand on her waist, standing in a make-shift dance pose, pulling her close, "I'll be here every step of the way. You're gonna be a fantastic mother. And everyone out there is gonna help us in any way they can because they love you and care about you. So no sweat, we've pretty much got this in the bag."

She closed her eyes and rested her head on his shoulder. 

"You're right." She pulled back and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. "Lets go." 

Hand in hand, they stepped back out. Needless to say, their friends celebrated the news and welcomed the to-be baby with open arms. Nicole suspected something was up, so as soon as the word "pregnant" left Katelyn's lips, a confetti canon burst open into the living room, further confusing the already fairly chaotic moment. 

But shortly after, there were cheers and tears and hugs. Katelyn's father pulled the two of them into a big bear-hug with tears in his eyes. A simple pat on Travis' shoulder and kiss to Katelyn's forehead said it all.

"Katelyn. I... am so happy for you and I'm sure you've thought it through... but are you sure you're ready?" Aph asked. "I'm not trying to judge I just genuinely want to make sure you're okay after everything, y'know?" 

"I know you're worried about me, but I think I'm okay. As long as you guys have my back."

"Oh, of course we'll have your back, are you kidding me? I can't wait to help look after little baby travlyn and see them-"

"Baby travlyn?" She chuckled.

"Yeah! You and Travis' baby. They're gonna be so loved and cared for-" Katelyn's eyes started to water so she quickly pulled her into a hug. "Woah you're okay there?"

"Thank you, Aph. For everything."

"You'd do the same for me. I love you. You're gonna be a great mom." 

"You're gonna be a great godmother and aunt." 

Aphmau froze, "Wait... I'm?" She smiled. The celebration continued late into the night. The two fell asleep relieved for the first time in weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm 21 years old now but I heard myStreet season 7 was announced so I'm posting this old draft and adding to this beast of a fic lol.