Past

It was very painful for Natsu to be denied in such a way. He didn't understand why someone like Lucy would deny the pleasure of having him. Now that this had happened, he didn't know what to do. And so, he went to his brother for help.

Upstairs changing, was Gray. He was pulling on his shirt when Natsu leaned on the door.

"Got a sec?"

"Yeah. What is it?"

Natsu walked in the room.

"What would you do if your girl wan't ready?"

"Ready for what? Ready for you or ready for..."

"Ready for a relationship."

"You wait... Wait for her."

"Thanks, brother."

Natsu exit the room, leaving Gray to think about the problem. Maybe, this was a chance for him to squiggle his way into Lucy's life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over at the café, Lucy sat with her friends as they waited for their breakfast. Gray opened the entrance to the slightly crowded place and made his way towards the blonde.

"Hey. Remember me?"

"Yeah. Of course. You're Natsu's brother, Gray."

He nodded. "Good morning, ladies" he said to Erza, Levy, and Juvia who blushed at the sight of him.

"May I talk to you Lucy?"

"Sure."

Lucy got up and they walked over to the pool table.

"I wanted to talk about my brother."

"He told you, didn't he?"

"Not specifically. But I knew something was wrong. I just wanted to make sure you take it easy on him. He just had a heart break and well, things were pretty tight so..."

"Oh."

"I just care about him that's all. Anyway, I'll be going now so that you can get back to your friends."

"Yeah. Bye."

"Bye" he said waving and walking away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More animal attacks kept appearing. More than the usual anyway. The sheriff (aka. Erza's mom) knew that these weren't animal attacks. The town had a history for deaths drained of blood, wounds on the neck, and only on a certain period in time. When they searched for the creature that did this, they looked for specific things. New people, strange personality, but specially those who only come out at night. Which exactly why Natsu and Gray were deleted from the list.

That day, there was more deaths in hours then ever before. Because Natsu could walk in daylight, nobody suspected it was him. But he was the one who was going on a killing spree.

He laid down in the middle of the road at night some times. Just thinking about how horrible life was. A car would pull up and the driver would have no idea what they were getting themselves into by trying to check on him, see if he was alright.

"Are you okay there?" asked a man running towards the body.

"No. I'm not okay." He sat up. "But you can help out with that." He launched his body and pushed the man against the car. Then, he would suck out all the blood and leave him dead on the floor. It was what he did when something went wrong. That had been happening a lot lately. Whenever he was hurt, he took it out on other people. It was his own way to deal with pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucy couldn't help but think about what Gray had mentioned. Natsu's ex? She understood why he had never talked about her, but she wanted to know more. It was none of her business, yet she and Natsu were about to become something, and if they did, she wanted to know more about him. Needed to know more. If not, there would be no trust. And what's a relationship without trust?

Lucy went over to Natsu's place and planned on asking him about who this ex was, and finding how close he really was to her. Was he really on the rebound? Was SHE his rebound girl? Only one way to find out.

*DING DONG*

Opening the door, was Natsu in a maroon robe.

"Oh. It's you" he said  bit unpleasantly.

"Yeah, hey."

"What can I do for you?"

"I wanted to talk."

"Mm. Come in."

She walked in, him closing the door behind her.

"Take a seat, please. I'm gonna go remove this robe, reveal my luscious body, and put something less sexy on. Wanna come?"

"No...thanks."

"Mm. You're missing it" he said with a singing tone.

She shook her head.

5 minutes later he came walking down the stairs.

"So, what did you wanna talk about?"

"Your brother, Gray, he mentioned your ex."

"There he goes again. Mentioning things he shouldn't be mentioning."

"I wanted to ask you about her."

"Why? She was a skank with no life."

" Well, that's something. But, I wanna more. About her, about you. About your past. I've benn thinking about it and I barely know you so I thought this might be a good conversation."

"Hm. Someone's out of experience" he mumbled.

"What did you say?"

"Look, she's just not worth talking about, okay?"

"*sigh* I see." She grabbed her bag and was headed for the door when Natsu grabbed her arm.

"Wait. Don't leave."

"Will you tell me about her?"

"Fine. You win."

They sat back down and he took a deep breath.

"Her name was...Lisanna."