Chapter 12. Stitches: Part 2

Once again Eddward Vincent was reclining in his hospital bed staring at the blank ceiling before him. He had a fresh gown on along with a nice pair of restraints on his wrists that kept his movement at bay. He couldn't blame them for basically tying him to the bed after he had ripped himself open out of a fit of anger. It was for his own good.

Dr. Willard had not come to see him after his second surgery as he had expected. The woman was the underlying cause of the inner turmoil he was now facing. Edd's parent's were almost certain to come see him now that they knew of his condition thanks to that dreadful doctor. What was he going to say to them? What if they apologize, should he just forgive and forget? They were his parents after all, but in a way Edd realized that they were never there for him in certain aspects that a parent should be.

Mother and Father weren't there for his birthdays or award ceremonies for his impressive achievements. They were also absent when Eddward had his biennial check ups for his tumor. No one was there to hold his hand if bad news did happen rear its ugly head in his direction. While he read in his files that he had received five surgeries when he was younger to remove as much of the tumor as they could, it was very aggressive. Every time they would remove a section, it would begin to grow back almost immediately.

The raven-haired teen sighed as he leaned his head back against the hard pillow. It was almost time for one of his check ups. The last one had revealed a small bit of the tumor residing deep in his brain, but had not grown thanks to his diligence in taking his pills. He had been dealing with the truth of his illness for years, always managing to keep it at bay for the sake of his friends and his own sanity.

The door to his room opened slightly and a hesitant knock was heard. "Enter." Edd said aloud as he rolled his head to the side lazily to look at his guest. A small smile made his way onto his face as his favorite red-head strolled into his room. Kevin was dressed in a pair of long basketball shorts and a black pullover sweatshirt.

"Hey you," he said with a smile as he pulled a chair up to Edd's bed and sat in it backwards.

"Hello Kevin." Edd greeted back. He wanted to reach out and grab his hand but thought twice as he remembered that he was tethered to his bed.

"I brought you this, by the way." Kevin said as he dug through his backpack only to pull out Edd's beanie. Edd gasped slightly, remembering that a thin cap given to him by a somewhat understanding nurse was all that kept his scalp a mystery to Kevin. Double D immediately went to grab it out of the other boy's hand when his wrist was snagged back.

Edd looked down at the beige restraint and cursed it silently. There was no possible way he could put the hat on by himself. Meanwhile, Kevin frowned deeply at how his boyfriend was tied down. "What happened?"

Double D lowered his eyes. "Nothing really."

Kevin scoffed and stood so he could adjust his chair to sit right. The red-head gently turned Edd's face to his and let his stare do the talking for him. Double D began to squirm under his partner's glare, part of the smoldering look left him rather hot and bothered while the other half reminded him of when the teen would beat him and his friends to a pulp.

"I-I might have thrown a pitcher at a doctor." Edd admitted sheepishly and looked down.

Kevin let out a hearty laugh and leaned in to give his boyfriend a quick peck on the lips. The action had reminded Edd of a very important subject at hand. "K-Kevin I need to talk to you about what happened."

"Don't worry 'D, I already talked to the police. They're all ready to take him down as soon as you give them the word." Kevin said with a proud smile as he held Edd's incapacitated hand.