Chapter Twenty-Six

I was jolted back to reality, and with the persons arms around me, it felt like someone was dragging me out of the swirling demons, ready to save me.

And, how I loved that feeling, how I wanted it to stay with me forever...

In fact, the only feeling that levelled up to that was the feeling of a blade against my skin, but that was out of the question when I was stuck in a hospital, so I embraced this safety as much as I could without looking like a weirdo in front of my mum.

Then I had to say, "Get off me now Thomas, I'm fine," whilst attempting to calm down and get those images out of my head. Flashbacks.

I looked up and all three people were looking at me worriedly.

"I'm fine," I insisted in a bored voice. It was a lie, but they didn't need any more worry about me. Levi looked away, taking his phone out whilst my mum carried on staring at me. "I'm FINE, MUM!"

There was an awkward silence after my shout, and I started analysing the point of shouting that and my ridiculously bad temper. I really should have just comforted my mum, but it was just so irritating, everyone trying to see through me and assume everything just because of some stupid note. As I was busy regretting my entire life, Levi walked up to the chair and sat down in it.

We stayed in complete silence for a minute or two, with me pretending to find the white walls around me very interesting, and he just watched me uncomfortably. He had a deep red mark running down his face, black stitches creating a neat pattern over the cut. There was crusts of skin around it, and this had all been caused by me dropping some scissors.

At least he wasn't blind.

But then, he looked as if he had been in some kind of violent attack, and seeing as he was popular Levi, everyone would come over and go, aww, who did that to you?, and Levi would no doubt blame it on me.

What kind of idiot accidentally threw scissors precariously near someone's eyes?

And the scissors, after dropping from around seventy-something metres in the air would have soared through the air at a ridiculously high velocity, so who knew how much force it had when it hit someone?

In fact, if he had lost enough blood, Levi might be dead by now.

I shivered at that thought, and started becoming grateful that the scissors didn't hit a vein. As much as Levi enjoyed calling me many rude names, I didn't want to be responsible for my brother's death. Yes, he hated me, but why should that give me a reason to commit homicide?

Stupid moron, Lexi.

 Although, then, Levi and his friends had been one of the main causes of my suicide attempt, and I had pretty much stated that in my note. So he was effectively killing me, and therefore committing homicide.

But that status had been shared with other people, and anyway, who was I to blame people for the reason I was insane? It was my brain, therefore my fau-

"Lexi?" Levi said, patting me on the head. Well, kind of hitting it, but I was past caring about what he was like to me.

"Yeah?"  I watched Levi as he ran his fingers over his stitches. His stitches did look a bit disfiguring, his cut surrounded by dried up blood and it looked as if someone had literally ripped him apart. I didn't want my brother to be temporarily deformed because of my actions. Really shouldn't be allowed to live.

"Oh good, you've finally responded," said Levi, sighing sarcastically. "Thought you were brain-dead for a moment, although you seemed fine with that ginger." I saw my mum purse her lips behind his back. I was obviously too into figuring out if I had the right to kill my brother, which was the most absurd thing to debate about in my head, now I thought about it.