Chapter Nineteen - A visit in the night

Chapter Nineteen – A visit in the night

"Josephine!"

I looked around to see who was calling me. I was in a place which I had never been to before. It was part of the Forest but the trees were taller and closer than those I had seen before. There were shrubs and toadstools. And the leaves of the leaves were red.

"Josephine!"

I heard someone calling my name again. It was soft but enough to be heard. I turned to look around again.

And then I saw her.

She was sitting on a toadstool. She was dressed in a classy blue long frock. She had long golden hair; straight and almost white. When the sun shone on her, her hair seemed to be shining. She had the fairest skin I ever saw and she was wearing a flower wreath on her head. At first, I thought she was a fairy. But when she stood up, she was as tall as me. She looked fairly familiar.

"Josephine." She called out again.

"Yes?" I replied her. "Who are you and why are you calling me?"

"Kaytherin is my name."

I remembered her. I saw her statue in town.

"Where am I?" I asked her.

"You are in the heart of the forest of Ptos."

"What am I doing here?"

"I brought you here." She began walking towards me. I realised she was actually taller than me.

"Why?" I asked.

"It is time we met."

She stood before me and her glittering hair caused me to shut my eyes momentarily.

"The guardian of light and darkness had came to me."

I remained silent.

"He has chosen you."

I still did not understand.

"Are you willing to accept?"

"I'm sorry, but accept what?" I was confused. What had Alex chosen me for?

"There had been a prophesy. In the year of King Titus, it has been foretold that Irius' descendents will rise again when a guardian of the light and darkness is to be chosen as the crown prince. He will choose a worthy wife and she will be blessed with the gift of healing. She will save the people but her love will kill him.

For many years, none of the crown prince had to fulfil this prophesy. But the time has come. Eirene would soon find out that her Prince Alex is the appointed guardian. He will not be able to escape this fate.

The guardian of love and healing - the daughter of Agatha has never been able to find the right person for many centuries.

But when Alexander first set his eyes on you, he knew you were the one.

He came to me and requested for my blessing.

I wanted to see for myself if indeed.

I have no doubt for the choice made from the guardian of light and darkness. He is after all, blessed with the gift of seeing.

But before I give my blessing, I want to know what you wanted and if you are ready."

I was dumbfounded. I knew Alex had 'chosen' but I knew not the actual implications.

"I'm sorry, this came quite suddenly..." I replied.

"Of course, my child," her voice was so soothing. "It must be too overwhelming for you."

"I do not understand..."

"You have a pure heart that can reach out to people. In time to come, you will extend your love to the people of Eirene. Because of your great love, you will be able to heal their wounds. You will give them hope again. And they will be able to stand up again strong and brave.

No one can give you this gift and no one can take it away from you. Only you yourself can choose to ignore your gift. You will only grow stronger if you choose to believe it.

The guardian of light and darkness may be the leader of the team but the guardian of love and healing will keep the team going. She is the one who encourages and keeps smiling. She is soft and quiet but her gifts are the greatest attributes to the team.

The Warts will hate and fear you for you bring healing and love. They will seek to destroy you but you will not falter. Your over flowing love supersedes their hatred and the battle will be won."

"But why me?" I could not understand.

"You were chosen. Not by Alexander but by the guardians of the past. This is your destiny."

"What happens if I choose not to accept it?"

"The world will not end just because of your decision, my child," she smiled. "The world will still go on. And it will end the same way it was supposed to end."

"How will my love kill Alex in the end?"

"The prophesy is still a prophesy. It is up to individuals to change their destiny. Nobody knows what will happen in the future. The future is in your hands."

"So, what did it meant that Alex had chosen me?"

"He has chosen you to be his wife. But he does not know that the fates had chosen you to be the guardian of love and healing."

"His wife?" I was shocked.

"Can't you see from his eyes? My child, he is in love with you. So much."

"Huh?" I was still shocked.

"He loves you so much that he wants to protect you that's why he is allowing time for you to accept him."

That was really weird. Did Alex really feel that way? I thought we were just friends. I must admit that I was having good feelings about him but I felt that I was not worthy of him so I refused to develop my feelings further.

I felt my tears flowing down my cheeks uncontrollably. I could not think straight. I did not know what to think or how to feel.

Kaytherin took me into her arms.

"Hush, my child. I will leave you to him now. When you are ready, you can come to me again."

She rocked me softly and sang a calm lullaby. A light breeze blew at my hair and I felt peaceful.

I lifted my hands to wipe my tears and felt something soft on my chest. It felt like a cushion.

I found myself awaken on my bed.