Chapter 9

Vote, comment, love me. :)

*Eric's POV*

I couldn't get his look out of my mind. Pain and resentment glued to his face, like I had stolen something from deep inside him.

And to be honest, I did.

I took away the one thing he wanted most. The one thing he talked about all the time. I took it, and made it my own.

I should have figured he would show up at my house, trying to find out if Xander was okay, but for some reason, it completely slipped my mind.

I wasn't sure how much he saw. A part of me hopes he did see the kiss, but an even bigger part hopes he didn't.

I needed to apologize. I knew it wouldn't do much good, but I had to try. After leaving him a voicemail, I checked my phone in time to get Xander's text saying he made it home.

After replying, I turned the corner and arrived in front of Evan's house, then sat there debating whether or not to go knock.

I knew it was late, but I just needed to talk to him, maybe make him understand how I feel. I know he cares for Xander, but I want him to see that I do too.

Finally gathering the courage and getting out of my car, I headed for his front door and raised my hand to knock.

I waited in silence, just standing there for someone to answer, and as I lifted my hand to knock again, the door swung open.

Every word I had planned to say, the entire speech I had prepared washed from my head as Evan came into view.

His eyes were heavy and tear staind. His normally well taken care of sandy blonde hair stuck out in every direction, while he wore clothes that looked more like they would fit me, rather than his skinny frame.

"So, you've come to add insult to injury."

I could feel the pain in his words, but something about his tone pissed me off I wasn't here to fight, just to talk.

"Evan-"

"Go away Eric. You've already taken something I would have given my life to have, I don't need you to rub my face it."

"I'm not here to fight, I just want to talk."

"Oh, this should be good." He stated, rolling his eyes. "Then talk. Let's hear what kind of excuse you're going to give me."

I could feel the pit of anger in my stomach rising, despite my efforts to keep cool. I didn't want him to attack me, but I needed to keep myself from attacking him.

"I care about him Evan, you have to see that."

"And I don't? You know how I feel about him, you always have. Every time we would hang out he was the only thing I could talk about!"

"Would you jus-"

"What's going to happen when people find out? When either of your parents learn you're gay? The kids at school, are you going to hide it from them?"

His words caught me completely off guard. I hadn't thought about any of those things. My parents, I'm not even sure how they would react, and the kids at school...

"You're not going to tell them, are you?" He asked. "That's just great, Eric. Just fucking great! You care about him so much, you would make him hide his relationship with you from the world."

"Shut up Evan."

It was getting harder and harder to control my anger. I was already confused about who the hell I was, I didn't need him shoving other peoples thoughts down my throat.