[010]

Chapter Ten | Alive Inside

Warning: Brief situation insinuating pursuing sexual activities without consent

Warning: Brief situation insinuating pursuing sexual activities without consent. Not really in-depth, just one or two passing comments.

🔷🔷🔷

A bottle of ibuprofen later, Alex was not any closer to ridding herself of her headache and felt on edge as a result. She couldn't put a stop to the jittery feeling inside her, her fingers drumming a constant rhythm on her thighs as her eyes darted about constantly. Something was seriously wrong with her and originating from her headache. She felt exhausted yet energized all in the same sense. Her mouth was dry and there was an unpleasant taste on her tongue, no trace of her sweets from earlier detectable.

Being out with Bella's friends in public was not the ideal place for her but Alex had driven her sister here and so she couldn't exactly up and leave, not wanting a lecture to worsen her headache when she left Jessica to take her sister home. "How is this?"

Jessica had torn through more dresses than Alex could count and that was because she had disapproved of every single one of them until finally the latter had stood and taken a few off the rack herself. The one the brunette currently had on now was a soft metallic pink with thin straps and a rather daring show of cleavage. It was a bold dress and while Alex wasn't fond of the colour, she certainly had clothing similar and worse, depending on who you asked, and so she quite liked it.

It was a good pick too, flattering Jessica at all angles. "I got good taste." She confirmed with a smirk, shaking her head as Jessica heaved an exaggerated breath of relief. "Finally, you've said 'no' to nearly all of them. I was starting to think we'd be here till tomorrow." Alex indulged her with a dry smile, "Unfortunately, no. How do you like it?"

"I think this halter makes my boobs look big." Jessica shrugged, admiring herself in the mirror at every flattering angle. Next to her, Bella snorted, though the smile she wore was much warmer than any Alex could hope to conjure up for the day. Angela, peering out of her room in a gown she'd proudly picked herself, grinned at Jessica as she caught sight of her dress. "Oh, Jess, you look so good!"

The brunette's grin was smug but her reply was cut short as a muffled whistle echoed behind the sister, the group of four turning simultaneously to peer out the window of the boutique that overlooked the busy street and sidewalk. The source of the whistle was about as unwanted as Alex had assumed upon hearing the sound. Standing at the window and leering at Jessica were five boys who practically embodied the stereotype of college frat boys.

There was nothing even remotely attractive about them, a truth only magnified by their disgusting, leering expressions. It didn't get any better as one winked at Alex when he spotted her, his eyes shamelessly falling lower. She gave a disgusted scrunch of her nose, turning away pointedly.