Chapter Twelve: New Beginnings

I felt like my insides were being shredded apart. When I told Gajeel of this he got the most horrified look on his face I thought for sure I was going to end up dying. He just stood there staring at me for the longest time. "No way." He whispered walking into the other room. He came back with a book and held it out in front of me. I took it and read the words on the cover. It read When She's Pregnant With An Alpha.

I looked up at him and glared at him, "You're joking." I said jokingly. 

"I wish I was. That book says the first sign of being pregnant with an alpha is it feels like yer insides are being ripped up. It's right in here, ain't it?" He pressed his hand on the left side of my stomach and I felt a kick, but the tearing felt like it was on the right side. I shook my head. "Here?" He asked pressing his hand against the middle.

"Here." I took his hand and pressed it to the right side of my stomach. He looked confused, but the feeling stopped as soon as he touched the spot. I felt another kick.

He backed up and the feeling came back. "Well..." He thought for a moment before he scooped me up. "I know we came down to ya bein' pregnant with a wolf, and that's how ya can walk in the sunlight, but I'm a little confused about what this is. My contact to yer stomach on the left didn't stop the feelin' did it?" I shook my head, "But on the right it did until my hand moved away?" I nodded.

"What does that mean?" 

"I think I know. But ya still have about a month to be pregnant with whatever this kid is." He pressed his hand to my stomach again then smiled at me. "But fer now do you think you can rest?"

"I can try." I replied pressing my hands to my stomach. "But you're coming with me. "

He sighed, "But I don't sleep during the day."

"And I don't want this kid keeping me up." I smiled at him before hopping out of his arms. I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the bedroom.

~~

"Gajeel!" Levy's voice echoed through my cabin and I jumped up from my chair. I ran into the bedroom where she was curled up in a ball. "It's time." She cried out. I swear she curled up into a smaller ball, and it broke my heart seeing her in so much pain. 

"Shit." I walked over to her ran my fingers through her hair a few times in an attempt to calm her down. What I really feared was if this was an alpha, it would kill her. No mother of an alpha survived child birth. She was already breathing heavily and she was sweating more than I ever thought possible. 

"It hurts..." I took her hand and her nails dug into the back of my hand as soon as she returned the grip. If I wasn't so worried about her, I would've cared more that she was digging her nails into my hand. 

"I know. Just hold on. Ya need to lay on yer back." She looked at me, her eyes were glowing purple like she was hungry. "Are you hungry?" 

She shook her head, "No..." She whispered. "In child birth...vampires enter their trance." She took a breath as she laid back. Her face gave away the clear pain she was feeling. "It helps us survive childbirth." Her voice came through gritted teeth. 

"So it could be a vamp or a wolf?" I asked.

"I'd say a half-breed." She closed her eyes and I slipped her bottoms off. "This hurts too much.... to be a vamp." Her back arched as she spread her legs apart. Before I knew it I saw a small head and I grabbed the closest blanket I could see. 

"Come on, ya can do it, Levy." I said.

She cried out as I the baby came out of her. I caught it in the blanket and wrapped it up. I relieved to know it wasn't an alpha like me. Her eyes would've been blood red like mine and she would've been male. I began wiping her off when Levy cried out again.