Chapter Nine

I was running to find Jonathan. Running past people are that were panicking, saw the barn with the horses were on fire. All of a sudden I started to hear shots being fired. Running towards the noise, saw it was the men from earlier that were playing poker and talked about Hamunatpra.

"Hey! Have you seen Jonathan the Englishman?" In a rush. "Yeah, he said something about finding his sister" blonde one said. I gave a nod started to run back to Evy's room.

I saw Rick with Evy and Jonathan. I sighed with relief. I shouted " Rick!"

He spun around, he saw me. "Alice!" He grabbed my upper arms. "You okay?" Concerned. I nodded. We took cover. Rick gave Evy his bag.

Grabbing my pistol while Rick reloaded his. Saw the bullets getting closer to his head, Evy moved his body out of the way. Ricks and I turned the corner to shoot at them.

I saw everything was catching fire and everyone is running off the deck. "Rick we need to jump!" Shouting over the noise. He nodded and turned to Evy, "Can you swim?"

"Of course I can swim, if the occasion calls for it."

"Trust me -" turns to her and picks her up "-trust me it calls for it." And throws her into the water. We heard a whiny voice calling us. The warden.

"O'Connell's! O'Connell's! What are we gonna do?" Panicking. Rick holds up his hands "wait here, we'll go get help." Warden nodded muttering 'right'. Both of us jumping of the deck.

We managed to get to shore. Then Evy started to moan "we've lost everything! All of our tools! All of my clothes!"

"We'll get some clothes in the next village Evy don't worry." Giving her a smile and pat on the shoulder. Next thing we heard that weasel, "O'Connell! Hey! O'Connell! It looks to me like l've got all the horses!" Gloating.

Me and Rick just noticed something, we both shout out "Hey, Beni! Looks to me like you're on the wrong side of the river!" I started laughing seeing his face and his little tantrum. "Come on, I think there's a village up ahead."