Chapter Eleven

Morning came, everyone was slowly waking up. Me and Rick probably had about 4 hours sleep last night. We saw the Americans, Beni on their horses coming towards us. "Good morning, my friend" I rolled my eyes, we turned the way Hamunatpra will be. For a few minutes, one of the Americans started complaining "what the hell are we doing?" Not even looking at him, Beni replied back to him "patience, my good barat'm. Patience."

"Remember our bet, O'Connell's" Henderson reminding us, "first one to the city, 500 cash bucks," turning to Beni "a hundred of them bucks is yours if you help us win that bet." "Oh, my pleasure." Beni turning to Rick "hey O'Connell. Nice camel." Rick's camels head tilted back making a noise, Rick strokes his head.

Me Rick saw the mirage of the sand coming into focus, we both said at the same time. "Get ready for it." Evie looked at us confused "for what?" I looked at her, when Rick said "we are about to be shown the way." That's when the mirage came and shown Hamunatpra.

Everyone was in shock, except me, Rick and Beni. All I could hear was the Americans, "will ya look at that," "Hamunatpra." I muttered "here we go again." Kicking out camels into a run,the rest on their horses trying to keep up, can hear Evie making noises to her camel to make it faster. Hitting the camel softly, hate to hit too hard. Can see Rick and Beni battling it out on their camels with their whips. Can hear the occasional 'oww' from Beni. Rick had enough and grabbed his collar say I g at the same time, "so long, Beni!" Evie being the funny girl she is, going passed him shouting back at him "that serves you right."

Then Rick and Evie started to have a moment on their camels, all of a sudden the camel wanted to go faster. Evie's face was a picture. "whoo! Whoo-how! Go, Evie go!" I started to join in "Whoo! Whoo-hoo! Thank you Evie!" Gleefully. She got into the city first, 'thank you Evie for that extra 500.' Could hear how happy Jonathan is.

We tied our camels up. Give mine a good stroke. "Well done bud, you did good!"

I saw Rick quickly taking something from one of the Americans, Burns I think it was. Walked up to him, sneakily. "What did you take Rick?" Jumping a mile, "don't do that Alice! Specially here" "I know, that's why I did it. It still gives me the creeps."

"You sure you want to be here?" Concerned. "I'll be fine Rick, but let's see what Evie has found."