Chapter Thirteen

So sorry for the long wait, I had no laptop for months. I tried writing on my iPad and phone, but wasn't the same! So thank you all for the comments for me to update. I will be posting 2 chapters tonight, if not more. So here is the long awaited chapter.

................................................................................................................................................................

We walked through the tunnels, saw some statues legs. Walking up towards it. "The legs of Anubis. The Secret compartment should be hidden somewhere inside here." Evie explained. All of a sudden we heard some noises, quite creepy to be honest. Me, Rick and Jonathan got our pistols out ready. Slowly creeping along the walls, I gave Rick a nod. We quickly aimed ready to shoot. We heard a familiar voice. "You scared the bejesus out of us, O'Connell's." Henderson relaxed. We both replied putting our guns back, "Likewise." Burns blurted out "Hey, that's my tool kit." Rick put his gun back up when Burns was about to take it. "I don't think so."

He put his hands up in surrender, "Okay. Perhaps I was mistaken." I inwardly laughed at this situation, men I tell you. "Right, I think we better get going..." I trying to defuse the tension. Evie caught on, being her nice womanly self, "Have a good day, gentlemen. We have a lot of work to be getting along with."

"Push off! This is our dig site." The bloke wearing a fez. Evie with aggression in her voice, "We got here first." Soon as she said that all of us got our guns back out. Daniels with an attitude "This here's our statue, friend." Rick bit back "I don't see your name written on it... pal." Beni decided to open his big mouth, which I wanted to smack; "Yes, well, there's only five of you... and 15 of me. Your odds are not so great, O'Connell's." I could see Evie looking down on the corner of my eye. "Beni, you know I've been in worst; we both have." Pointing at Rick. Jonathan added "Yeah, me too" Me and Rick looked at Jonathan and he just shrugged.

Right then I decided with Evie to get in between them, "Right, this is too much testosterone for us two women here," Evie put her hands on the guns, lowing them down "Oh, look, for goodness' sake, let's be nice, children. If we're going to play together, we must learn to share. There are other places to dig." Like a mother scolding her children. But not to Rick with her hand on his arm. I could tell with this look I knew he was going to be trouble. I smirked, 'he's already smitten.'

Putting our guns away. We separated they had the statue, we went somewhere else.