Chapter Sixteen

Soon it became night time, but that man is still on my mind. Those beautiful brown eyes, that jaw line okay, I need to stop drinking. Getting out of my daydream, I realised Jonathan is sleeping, and Rick and Evie were standing up. Rick trying to teach Evie to punch. "Hey, tough stuff, try a right hook. Ball up your fist and put it –" Rick grabbed Evie's hand balling it up properly. – "Put it up like that."

Evie swaying about, clearly drunk. "- Mm-hmm." Rick putting his hand up for her to hit. "- And then mean it. Hit right here." She goes to punch him "- I mean it!" Punches his hand but topples over, laughing; thankfully Rick was there. "- Okay. Okay, it's time for another drink." He's trying not to laugh. "Rick you sure you want to give her more booze?" Quite concerned for her having a nasty hangover in the morning. He just ignored me. Nice, Rick nice.

"Unlike my brother, sir... I know when to say no." Grabbing the bottle that was wrapped up in Jonathan's arms. Taking a drink of the drink, Rick just looks at her. Smiling Rick told her "Uh-uh and unlike your brother, miss... you, I just don't get."

I can tell that they weren't paying attention on who's around. At least I'm nicely drunk and I got some entertainment. Gasping from the strength of the drink, wiping her mouth with her hand "I know. You're wondering... what is a place like me doing in a girl like this." I quirked an eyebrow 'Okay, I think she's pretty wreaked. She won't be long sleeping.'

"Yeah, something like that." Going along with what Evie just said. For some reason, she started to show her hand and wrist. "Egypt is in my blood. You see, my – my father... was a very, very famous explorer... and he loved Egypt so much... he married my mother, who was an Egyptian... and quiet an adventurer herself." Showing Rick her necklace. Rick held the necklace, having a look at it. I get your father, and I get your mother... and, uh... I get him, but... what are you doing here?"

'Ouch Rick, bit harsh.' Wincing. Evie looked like she could have killed my brother. "Ooh, look, I – I may not be... an explorer..." Standing trying to make her point but at this point made her look funny. "Or – or an adventurer seeker or a gunfighter... Mr O'Connell... But I am proud of what I am." Rick looking confused, trying to make sense of it. "And what is that?"

"I... am a librarian." Looking quite proud for herself. Even Rick had a little smile. I had to keep myself quiet this is priceless. She dropped in front of Rick. "And I am going to kiss you... Mr O'Connell." Rick looked quite nervous, oh, this is priceless "Call me Rick."

I put my fist in my mouth to stop laughing my head off. She had a massive smile on her face "Oh, Rick." They leaned it about to kiss. Suddenly, Evie fell asleep right before they kissed, on Rick's lap. He looked gutted, he kissed the air where she would have been.

Soon as he did that, I couldn't hold it any longer I was wetting myself laughing. Soon as he heard that laughter, he jumped and spun around so quickly he could have gotten whiplash. "ALICE!" I couldn't talk. "It's not funny." "Yes, yes, yes, it is" laughing again. "You sure nothing is happening? If it is first dibs on god-mother."  "Alice, seriously nothing. And what the hell with the god-mother."

"Keep telling yourself that Rick, good night bro. Love you" Giving him a sleepy smile. He come over give me a kiss on the forehead, "Good night Alice, love you too."