Minho imagine | Lover boy | pt. 2/2

⚠︎Trigger Warnings⚠︎

Newt pads you on the shoulder.
"Hey, that was bloody well fought Y/N!" He grins at you, somewhat drunkenly. Then Thomas hits you playfully on your back.

"Nice going, Y/N!" He laughs at you and hands you a jar with the amber fluid. At this point, what's the harm, you think, as you grab it and put it to your lips. The liquor fills your mouth and a strong taste meets your tongue. A little too strong for your taste, but you can manage. As the moonshine goes down, the boys cheer again. Then a strong hand grabs your shoulder and squeezes it lightly. It's Minho.

"That was pretty neat fighting, Y/N." he says, approvingly, "Beating someone like Gally on your first try takes some skill - and taking a punch like that? I have to say I'm impressed."

"Have you ever fought Gally?" You ask, deciding not to acknowledge his compliments.

"Gods no - I would break all his bones. That poor boy is just a Builder, he doesn't stand a chance against a Runner. Except for Tom of course, but Tom's pretty new anyway." he breaks in out a teasing grin. This guy is totally full of himself. He may be fit but he's probably dumb and really, really... charming. Your thoughts gets the best of you again, perhaps this time it's the drink. Thomas sends Minho a fake hurt expression.

"Awe Minho, it's not my fault they sent me up later than you. Maybe you were just too annoying so they wanted rid of you as fast as possible? That would explain why you were one of the first ones here!" some of the other boys laugh, but not mockingly. Just regular, friendly banter. Minho laughs, too. He liked that one.

"Watch it Tommy-boy, I'm your Keeper - I could easily have you thrown in the Maze. But then again, I don't think the Grievers will like you very much. There's no meat on you! Maybe you'd make a decent toothpick, though?" You all laugh, Minho does have some comebacks up his sleeve. You, Newt, Thomas, Minho, Gally and a little guy called Chuck chat for the rest of the night. Minho and Thomas continue their banter, but Minho seems to easily outdo him. Newt teaches you Glader slang, and Gally brings you drinks. Chuck is talking to anyone and everyone. He is very much like an annoying little brother - you can't help but hate and love him all at once. Eventually, whom Newt has pointed out as Alby announces the end of the night, and urge everyone to head off to bed.

"Let me show you where you're sleeping Y/N!" Chuck offers excitedly and grabs your wrist to pull you to where you'd be sleeping. It's on the ground, in a big group of sleeping bags and hammocks under a flimsy fabric canopy.

"Alby says he'll have Gally build you your own hut since you're a girl, but for now you'll be sleeping here with the rest of us." Chuck says and points to a sleeping bag. You can deal with that, if only temporarily. You tuck in and try to collect your toughts. It has been a hectic day. You still have so many questions: what is going on, why are you here, who are all these people, and what is this place? Much to your dismay, your thoughts wander to Minho again. You sigh. Apparently your predicament and the army of unanswered questions still isn't enough to keep your thoughts in check. You just pray it will not become a crush.

***

It has been a good few months since you came out of the box. The boys had realised shortly after your arrival that you have a lot more finesse with needlework and fidgety tasks than most of themselves, so your official job is as a Med-Jack, but you help Frypan in the kitchen from time to time. You had quickly found yourself in a small Glader squad consisting of you, Thomas, Gally, Minho, Newt and Chuck. Of them all, your closest friend is definitely Newt. The two of you got close fast. He - to your frustration - knows about your now pretty undeniable crush on Minho. Newt and you are having a chat in front of the Med-Jacks' hut when he suddenly covers your mouth with his hand and leans in close to you.