Part 8

I feverishly picked at my salad as Namjoon basically inhaled the bowl of noodles infront of him. I was amazed but slightly disgusted. I mean, who would want to watch a guy angrily consume noodles for twenty five minutes. I set my fork to the side and glanced at the passing cars as if they could fix my appetite.

"So...how've you been?" After all this time, nothing shocked me more than hearing those words slip out of Namjoon's now slobbery, half full mouth.

"Good,"I croaked out as I regathered my thoughts. "And you?"

"Just peachy." Once again his cold demeanour and ego pranced along his words and I remembered why I didn't tolerate him as much.

"And the others?" I asked, wanting to know how the people I actually cared about were doing.

"Jimin is worried sick about you, Jungkook was about to buy a bunny costume for you so it could be an excuse to meet up, Taehyung is making you a quilt, Hoseok is just playing Mario Kart by himself most nights, and Jin is trying to find a new style." Namjoon quickly belted out, his face twisted like a knot, obviously not wanted to talk about the closest people in his life. Odd.

"Oh, I wanted to congratulate you guys on WINGS. You all did a really remarkable job." I stated simply but Namjoon just nodded his head, barely acknowledging my compliment. I sighed and shoved a slice of tomato into my mouth. I had just finished eating said food when my phone buzzed and my boss had asked me to comeback and talk about some tour outfits. I hastily dropped some money on the table.

"Sorry, I gotta go. Please don't strain yourself to do this again. If you don't like me, don't feel obligated to hang out with me just because I'm friends with your friends. Okay?" I waved good bye before he could get a word in.

"It really isn't an obligation."