Chapter 1

"Are you diabetic or have any heart problems?" The doctor asks me while examining my breathing. 

"No and no." I say, taking a deep breath once again. 

"Does your family have any history of diseases important to recall?" He asks me, writing something on his board. 

"Um, my dad died from a heart condition, it wasn't functioning right." I say, taking a hard swallow. Its been a while since the last time I thought of his death. "Is there any chance I got the same thing as him?" 

"I don't know but it is possible, depends of what type of disease he suffered. Even though you don't have any symptoms of heart failure." He says with a face like in thought. "But don't worry just now, okay? Let's get your blood sample first and start from there. The nurse will take you." 

"Thank you, Doctor." I stand up, giving him a smile even when I'm nervously dying inside. 

"You can call me Kevin." He says with a smile, finishing writing on his board. 

"Come with me, miss." The nurse says guiding my steps. When we step outside of his office Harry stands up from the waiting area. The doctor didn't let him be inside, he was just too nervous. 

"Babe, are you alright?" He comes to me right away, holding my face. "What did the doctor say?" 

"Harry I'm fine. We just arrived." I chuckle, kissing his hand and taking them off my face. "The nurse is taking me to take a blood sample. Just... Calm down, okay?" 

"Yeah, yeah of course. Yes." He says, trying to take a deep breath. "I'm calm, I'm chill." 

"Aha." I say, giving him a reassuring smile. "Can he come with us?" I ask the nurse. 

"Of course." She smiles at me, nodding her head. 

She sits me in a black chair and prepares the needles. Harry kneels in front of me holding my hand, caressing the back of it making a pattern. I can see he's nervous, his eyes look lost and they lack that spark it had an hour ago. I didn't want to leave the restaurant, much less in the middle of the evening and right after his question, I feel so guilty. 

"I'm sorry for ruining your birthday." I say as the nurse places a press around my upper arm. "We didn't even make it to the party." 

"Babe, you didn't ruin my birthday." He says with a tender smile on his face. "It has been the most perfect birthday I've ever had. And besides, you are way more important than a party." 

"A-Ouch!" I feel the pinch but in just a seconds the sting goes away. "But... I have been planning it for two weeks. I wanted you to see it, it was perfect." 

"I'm sure it was but don't worry." He takes my hand a places a kiss on it. "We will have a thousand more parties to enjoy." 

"The doctor is waiting for you at his office." She says to me after placing a band aid over the pinch. 

"Okay." I stand up and Harry follows me, holding my hand in his. 

We walk in silence, he's never quiet so that only means he's really nervous. 

"You do know you don't have to worry about anything, right?" I glance at him, his eyes are focused on his steps, green tense eyes pointing at the floor. 

"I know, I know, I just..." He sighs, taking slow steps to the doctors office. "The thought of you being sick just... It frightens me, that's all."

"I'm not sick." I give him a smile, stopping my feet and taking both of his hands in mine. "Its a first for us, thank God we have been healthy this past year. For all we know this can just be a simple virus."