Gordie Howe Hat Trick

-Annabelle's POV-

After a slow start the Blackhawks start to pick up steam and were on a six game winning streak and a eight game point streak. We head to St. Louis where I was currently writing a little bit, just word vomiting what I've learned so far and what would be useful for the book. We had one more game here against the Blues for the winter classics but that's really all anyone as talking about, and rightfully so. Artemi had his own room because he was superstitious and didn't want to mess anything up, I didn't mind because I loved being alone and with Art and Tyler always at my place I don't get time to myself anymore. It was about 3 am when I heard a knock on the door and decided not to act like I was asleep to answer it.

"Oh, hey Jonny. Come on in" I say moving aside so he can get in.

"I kinda figured you would be up" he laughs sitting on the couch.

"What brings you by" I wonder sitting at my laptop.

"Just wanted someone to talk to" he shrugs flipping through TV channels.

"How's the charity been doing" I ask after he finds sports center. He's in the middle a service to get kids around Chicago to think healthier.

"Really good actually. It's exciting to see kids seeking a healthier life style and actually making a difference" he admits. I've always wanted to start my own charity but would go crazy if I tried right now, but it is something I want to do. "What about you. How have you been" he asks turning his focus off the tv and to me.

"Pretty good" I respond typing away.

"Okay. And how have you really been" he asks again and I slowly shut my laptop.

"Honestly I'm a little overwhelmed. A lot actually" I say and he comes to sit beside me.

"You take care of everyone but yourself. It's okay to be selfish every once in a while" he says.

"I know that. It's just that I'm surrounded by all this knowledge and have a passion for sharing it, but it honestly sucks sometimes. I can't sleep because I'm constantly worried about what's going to happen next and how much control I actually have over my life" I explain.

"It sounds like you have anxiety" he mentions and I freeze. I don't move because I want to think out my next actions so I don't ruin anything. "Wait, you have anxiety problems" he repeats. Damn he's smart.

"I can't lie to you Jonny, I can't stand lying. So yes, I do have anxiety. But please don't tell anyone" I beg.

"Don't worry, I won't. But that's nothing to be ashamed of, millions of people have some sort of anxiety disorder" he assures me.

"While that is true, I still have to look out for everyone else too. You guys are a handful" I laugh.

"We are, but we also care about you. Artemi especially. You're more than just a sports therapist or a writer, you're our friend. I appreciate what you bring to the table. Sometimes a gift comes with a catch. And anxiety is yours" he says.

"But who would want to go to the girl with anxiety? A professional sports therapist shouldn't face these types of things because how are they expected to help someone when they can't help themselves" I ask.

"Hey, I don't like hearing you talk about yourself like that. You're a very special person, we can all see it. It's not going to be all sunshine and rainbows but the things you're doing are incredible and they're only happening because of how great you are. Don't sell yourself short" he says. I keep hearing that but have yet to see it. But I was in no mood to argue so I nod my head.

"How's your brother" he asks trying to change the subject and I form a huge smile.

"He's doing really well actually. He has his first chemo tomorrow so that will be interesting but the surgery was successful and they're hoping for a full recovery" I explain.

"That's great, Anna" he says. "Well, I'll leave you be, thanks for talking with me" he says giving me a hug.

"No problem, now get sleep because you know the Blues will run you wild" I laugh.

"Don't I know it" he respond before leaving. I continue to work for a little before deciding it was time to sleep, big day today.

The game against the Blues is like we always expect it to be, rough and low scoring. I watch from the bench today along side the assistant coaches and take notes. They play St. Louis different than they play everyone else for obvious reasons, but it's still important to take notes. Late in the third the Hawks are hanging to a one goal lead and it seems like it's taking forever to get through this period. I was exhausted from little sleep and just praying my mind doesn't run me wild while I was out here. I continue to analyze the game until the whistle blows and there's a problem away from the puck. I turn to see Artemi locked up with Scottie Upshall and he was actually doing pretty good. Didn't mean I wasn't scared, because I was terrified, but he actually was winning. Fighting is a part of hockey and he wanted to be the best in every aspect. They pull the two apart as I sat in shock. The boys were impressed as well as they all stood on the edge of the bench taping their sticks along the boards. He might be small, but he is feisty. Artemi doesn't really fight and I would hate to know what ticked him off. They each return to their respective boxs for at least the remainder of the game and I refocus on how the mood shifts. Just when I thought we would pull this off the Blues get the equalizer forcing the game to over time.

"What's up with Breadman" Patrick asks me and I shrug.

"I don't know" I answer honestly.

"Well that was awesome. I'm proud" he states and I laugh, like Patrick knows a lot about fighting.

With a few seconds left on the OT power play I watch as Artemi sprints out the box and into play. He was passed the puck and he looks for a lane, after picking a spot he fires it top shelf and this game is over. I watch as Jonny engulfs Art in a hug, both wearing bright smiles that warms my heart. He completed the Geordie Howe and I was proud of him, but I was also so very tired. I head to the plane and wait for everyone to get situated. Before anyone gets on the bus I zonk out and become thankful the flight back to Chicago is a short one.