ONE.

ONE

Cleo Lewis was a girl who appreciated simple things, she enjoyed coffee shops, car rides and foggy mornings

Cleo Lewis was a girl who appreciated simple things, she enjoyed coffee shops, car rides and foggy mornings. Cleo Lewis was innocent, she hardly ever swore, she never showed her features off, she never acted out. In fact, she was known for being the kindest person in the school, she was so kind, even the bullies gave up bullying her, because she had the air of sophistication, and she shrugged off anything mean, like water off a ducks back.

Cleo Lewis was gorgeous of course, she'd never dated, never kissed someone- she hadn't experienced love until Simon Minter.

Cleo Lewis joined the high school when she was in Year 10, she was lucky enough to make friends fast due to her nice nature, but she was totally gobsmacked on the first day when she witnessed a tall, blonde, lean boy have a fight with someone in the year above- and the more peculiar thing about the fight was that the skinnier, younger boy won. The year 11 coughed and spluttered as the year 10 punched him hard in the chest and stomach.

She soon found out that the name this particular boy carried was a name you had to use carefully. Simon Minter was notorious, you couldn't speak his name without someone hearing, and the person who heard would most likely tell Simon, or one of his friends.

Cleo had experienced that first hand. She had mentioned the name Simon Minter to her best friend in the library, little did she know a girl who was apparently crushing on Simon had overheard them, and she went and told a boy named Ethan, who had told Simon.

Simon of course was confused as to who this 'Cleo' girl was, but he soon recognised her face when Ethan pointed her out the following day in the canteen.

"That's her," Ethan said, smiling at his friend.

"We'll get her after school, yeah?" Josh, Simon's other friend says from his other side.

"Yeah," Simon nods, giving his friends a small smirk.

The following day Simon, Ethan and Josh followed the girl home, they made snide remarks to each other as they followed her down an alleyway.

"Oi, sket!" Simon called and Cleo turned, her expression changed immediately.

"Yeah you!" Simon called out, Ethan and Josh stay back while Simon followed her further along the alleyway.

She turned the corner and as she attempted to get down the stairs her arm was grabbed and her back slammed against the wall.

"Now, I don't like to hurt girls, especially ones like you, but if I hear that you've been saying shit about me again, I will have to show you how serious I am," Simon said and Cleo shook her head at him.

"I'm sorry! It won't happen again," Her voice was barely audible.

"Good," Simon sneered, his piercing blue eyes staring into her brown ones.