EIGHTEEN.

EIGHTEEN

The summer holidays felt like they might never end, and with Cleo being stuck in this new, giant house most of the time because she was away from everything and everyone she knew, she was getting bored

The summer holidays felt like they might never end, and with Cleo being stuck in this new, giant house most of the time because she was away from everything and everyone she knew, she was getting bored. However, she also wanted the Summer holidays to carry on forever, she didn't want to go to this new college, she knew a college was different to a Sixth Form in many ways even if they did the exact same subjects.

She rolled over, her eyes scanning her phone that was resting on her bed. She picks it up and unlocks it, seeing snapchat stories filled with her old classmates hanging out. A snapchat story from JJ revealed that he and Simon were hanging out together at his house, playing Fifa and eating pizza.

Cleo's lips formed a pout as she watched the videos JJ had posted, she lets out a deep breath and locks her phone, she could feel the tears forming in her eyes again. It had been almost a month since he broke it off with her, and she expected to be over it by now, but he was still appearing on snapchats and instagram and whatever else. She couldn't escape him, it was like he was haunting her.

Cleo finally decides to get up, dragging herself over to her wardrobe and changing into a t-shirt and jeans. She heads downstairs, making sure to grab her phone before hand. Cleo walks into the kitchen and finds her mother messing around with what looked like this evenings dinner.

"Smells good," Cleo comments and her mother smiles at her.

"Thanks dear," She says and Cleo sits down at the kitchen table.

"Where's Harry?" Cleo asks curiously and Kathy gives her daughter a smile.

"He's gone back to see his friends, but he'll be back in time for dinner," Kathy says softly and Cleo just nods, she didn't want to talk about Harry's friends especially with her mother.

Cleo sat playing on her phone, she was getting bored and she had no one to even message as everyone had either fallen out with her or simply didn't want to be associated with her. She watches some snapchat stories, videos showing boys getting drunk, or kissing girls or girls dancing, or kissing boys. It was like everyone had posted the exact same video over and over again.

The only thing that distracts Cleo is Harry coming home.

"How was it?" Kathy asks as her son sits down at the table beside his sister.

"Yeah, everyones great," Harry smiles and he looks towards his sister, "Simon asked how you are?"

"Tell Simon I'm doing just fine," Cleo snaps and Harry looks away, before looking back and he lets out a deep breath.

"I have to tell you something, but I can't say it in front of mum," Harry whispers and Cleo just rolls her eyes.

"Whatever," She mutters and she smiles at her father as he enters the room.

"That smells great, Kath," George smiles as he sits down. Kathy begins to dish up the food. A chicken casserole with potatoes. It smelled great and it looked great too.

Kathy hands out the plates before sitting down herself and smiling at her children, "I hope you both know, that we're proud of you no matter what happens,"

"Thanks mum," Harry says and Cleo just nods.

They eat their meals, the two children wash their plates up before they both thank their mother and head upstairs.

"I spoke to Simon, he asked me to tell you that you're the best thing that ever happened to him," Harry says and Cleo shakes her head.

"He's full of shit. If I was the best thing that ever happened to him, he'd still be with me," Cleo says and Harry grabs her arm before she can walk away.

"Thats the thing," He says, "He can't be with you, especially when mum and dad were the ones who told him to break it off with you- they don't think he's good enough for you,"

"What?" Cleo asks, her eyes glancing towards the stairs, would her parents really be that pathetic?

"Confront them," Harry says, "They thought he was a bad influence,"

"I should have known," Cleo mumbles, "But whats done is done, right?"

"I thought you loved him? How could you give up so easily?" Harry snaps.

"Because it'll never work, we're already going to different colleges and live 2 hours apart...Me and Simon can't be together," Cleo says, "We're too different, Simon and I,"

"Thats bullshit! The reason you two get on so well is because of how different you are from each other," Harry tells her, he really couldn't stand to see Cleo heartbroken, and when he saw Simon so upset it made him just as upset and angry.

"Harry, just let it go," Cleo mumbles before pulling her arm away and opening her bedroom door.

"Fine, but you're walking away from something special, Cleo, and even you know you're going to regret it," Harry says, but Cleo ignores him, stepping into her bedroom.

She closes the door behind her, her back pressed against it as she slides down the door and onto the floor, bursting into tears at the mere thought of Simon Minter. The tears slide down her cheeks as she pictures every second she spent with him, it was as if she could hear his voice, feel his touch and taste the kiss of his lips as she sat there, her head was whirling with thoughts and eventually, she stopped crying and a small smile came over her lips, because as he had said about her, he was the best thing to ever happen to her.

__________________

Thank you for reading!

we have one more chapter and an epilogue before its all over guys

much love to the most Savage fam on Wattpad!

~lachys-loch
❤️