SIXTEEN.

SIXTEEN

She sat in the cafe across the road from the courts, she would be heading over there soon with her brother, they were just waiting for Simon and his mother to get here

Cleo drank the rest of her coffee just as Simon walked into the cafe. Cleo offered him a wide smile and stood up, she straightened out her black shirt and trousers before giving her boyfriend tight hug.

"You're going to win," Cleo whispers against his ear before she pulls away.

"Thank you Cleo," Simon says and he presses a kiss against her cheek before turning to Harry and greeting him.

Simon then leads the two of them outside, "Mum, this is Cleo Lewis,"

"Hi Mrs Minter, I'm so so sorry for what has happened, I'm here to support you, and Simon in the courtroom today," Cleo says, shaking the woman's offered hand.

"Thank you, my dear," She says, she says hello to Harry too before leading the way to the courts. They head inside and Cleo takes Simon's hand in hers and pulls him aside.

"Remember, Simon Minter, that no matter what happens in that courtroom, I love you," Cleo says and Simon gives her a soft smile.

"I love you more," He whispers before pressing a harsh kiss against her lips before rushing after his mother inside. Harry and Cleo head upstairs and sit above the courtrooms to watch the trial take place.

A weeks worth of courtroom appearances and the jury had finally come to a conclusion. They walked into the room in single file lines and sat down, the lead speaker stands up and the judge knocks his hammer against the wooden pedal.

"The jury has come to a collective conclusion," Says the lead speaker, Cleo edges forwards on her seat, her heart thumping in her chest as her eyes meet with Simon's.

She gives him a nod before her eyes flicker back to the jury.

"We've come to the conclusion that the man in question," The man pauses as he looks up at the judge, "Is guilty,"

Cleo's lips part and a sigh of relief escapes, her watering eyes finally let the tears escape and she turns to her brother and hugs him tightly.

"The jury have come to a decision, and so have I," The judge speaks, he picks up his wooden hammer, "I name the defendant...Guilty!"

The hammer slams down onto the wood and the case is closed. Mr Minter would be behind bars. Cleo Lewis stands up and glares down on the abuser that stood with his lawyer. She catches the eyes of the man who dared call himself a 'father'.