SEVENTEEN.

SEVENTEEN

His eyes shifted towards the girl in the corridor, she walked with such style and class and he liked the way she spoke- softly and sweetly, she could make anyone interested in whatever she was talking about just with her voice and that beautiful s...

His eyes shifted towards the girl in the corridor, she walked with such style and class and he liked the way she spoke- softly and sweetly, she could make anyone interested in whatever she was talking about just with her voice and that beautiful smile.

Her eyes met his in the corridor and hers widened in fear, it had been 2 months since he'd followed her down that alleyway and pinned her to the wall as he shouted at her to keep his name out of her mouth- now all he wanted was for his name to escape her lips.

"Yo, Simon, c'mon man," It was Callum, urging his friend to get to the next lesson.

The girl's head turned away from Simon's view as she walked away but he couldn't help but watch after the gorgeous girl that was Cleo Lewis. That was when he knew he liked her, the girl he'd bullied, he liked, and that was a mistake.

He watched calmly as Cleo pushed her last box of items into the back of the moving van, "Thank you," Cleo says to the man who'd helped her load up her things and she turned and looked at Simon. He was sat on the half wall that served as a fence for the Lewis family front garden. He was wearing his black tracksuit bottoms, trainers and a hoodie, the hood was pulled over his now natural coloured hair.

"I heard you made friends with JJ?" Cleo asks as she sits on the wall beside him.

"I was kind of forced to, but yeah, he's actually pretty cool," Simon says and Cleo smiles at him.

"Good, I'm glad, you and him aren't so different," Cleo says and Simon nods his head, glancing towards the moving van, it pulls away and exits the road, driving in the direction of the motorway.

"Cleo," Simon says softly, he didn't want to do this.

"Whats up?" She asks, tilting her head to look at him.

"I'm going to tell you something you won't like, but trust me, I hate what I'm about to say to you," Simon says and Cleo frowns.

"How bad can it be?" She asks, though Simon could hear the doubt in her voice.

"I'm going to have to break up with you," He says, his eyes still fixed on the road, he couldn't bear to look at her.

"W-what?" She asks, her eyes were watering already.

"Its for the best," Simon says and Cleo blinks in confusion.

"But why? We were going to see each other every weekend and during the holidays? Simon, you can't do this!" She says and he stands up and finally turns to face her.

"I love you, Cleo," He says and she gets up and shoves him harshly, he stumbles a little but manages to keep his balance.

"Get out of here!" She yells before pushing him again, this time he grabs her wrists and pulls him back to look at her.

He looks her in the eyes as he whisper, "I am sorry, Cleo, I truly am, and I love you more than anything,"

"Get off me," She yelps, pulling her hands away and storming into the house, she slams the front door behind her and Simon walks back to look at the kitchen window of the house, there stood Cleo's parents.

Simon nods his head to them, and they nod their heads back. It was done.

Cleo locks her bedroom door behind her and draws her curtains closed before collapsing onto her bed, she sobs into her pillow, was this what it felt like to have your heart broken?

She wanted nothing more than for Simon to come back and tell her it was a cruel joke, but the longer she lay there, tears rolling down her cheeks, the more she realised it was real.

Her parents called her for dinner, but she stayed in her room, and Harry called her name from outside the door but she told him to go away.

She just couldn't grasp why he had done it.

Simon closed his front door behind him, he pulled off his hoodie and hung it on the end of the bannister, "Mum?!"

"In the kitchen!" She calls back. Simon lets out a sigh of relief, he knew his father was locked up and wouldn't be bothering them again, but he still worried.

He kicked off his trainers and walked into the kitchen, he slumped into one of the dinner table chairs and his mother looks round, anxious about why her son looked so upset.

"Is everything okay?" She asked him softly and he shook his head as he buried his head in his hands.

"I broke up with Cleo," Simon mumbles and his mother lets out a soft sigh before sitting down beside her son, she pulls his hands away from his face and holds them, looking at her distressed son.

"Why would she do that?"

"She didn't, I broke it off with her," Simon says, shaking his head, "Her parents told me I was a bad influence on her, that I'm dangerous and reckless and I...I agree with them, me and Cleo could never work, I'm nothing like her for a start,"

"Thats complete bullshit, Simon, and you know it, you've worked so bloody far!" His mum says, her hands squeezing his gently, "You'll regret this,"

"I probably will, but its whats best for Cleo. She deserves someone special, someone smart and genuine, not some...Some prick like me," Simon says and his mum shakes her head at him.

"You are special, smart and genuine, Simon. You're all those things and more, thats why Cleo was with you!" She says, before standing up and returning to her cooking.

"Whatever...Whats done is done," Simon says, he gets up and heads upstairs, his feet carry him to his bedroom and once inside he falls onto his bed. His eyes look up to the glow in the dark stars he had stuck on his ceiling, his hands pull his phone from his pocket, he half expected to see a message from Harry asking what he'd done to his sister, but Simon was met with his lockscreen photo of himself and Cleo. He closes his eyes and dumbs his phone screen faced down on his bed. He wanted the day to be over, so he could do his best to start forgetting, but he knew, in his heart, he could never, ever forget the girl whose name was
Cleo Lewis.

________________

Opps

But yeah

that happened?

soz

thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed (i also hope your heart isn't hurt to much)

much love to the most Savage fam on Wattpad!

~lachys-loch
❤️