Chapter Seven

It's after school now and I'm waiting for Matt next to his car. It's been 10 minutes since the bell rang for us to go home, but Mr I'm so popular needs to just waste time with people while his sister is waiting for him. The bad thing is, the stupid car is locked, and it's a little cold today. Not a lot, but enough for me to wish I was inside and not outside. 

I finally see him making his way over to where I'm at, but I also notice Niall is walking next to him. When they reach me they tell me that Niall's car won't start and that he'll be riding with us. 

"I called my dad, he said he'll call the local mechanic shop and have them take it down there and fix whatever the problem may be." Niall tells me. 

We make a little talk on our way over to our house, but I was still thinking about Bella and Niall. I haven't really stopped thinking about it actually. I know that she still means something to him. I can see it in his eyes, and the way he acts around her. I feel like he turns against me and into someone else when she's around. 

I've thought about a lot of stuff I could do. My top three options are to be nice to Bella and suck it up, slowly walk out of Niall's life and forget everything, or keep up with my attitude towards Bella. But the last one won't work, because I promised Niall I would try. And the second one will kill me inside out if I do it. He's literally all I have, apart from my family. And they're not even my real family. Wow. So i guess the only thing I"m left with is to be nice to the Chiguagua. 

I find myself throwing my bag in the floor and I go over to the living room and turn the TV on. 

"Actually, I was going to invite you guys something to eat?" Niall offers us. 

"I'm in!" Matt says happily. 

"Alright, I guess I'll come with too," I smile.

We're at McDonald's ten minutes later. There's a decent amount of people here, it's not as full as always. I order an iced caramel coffee, since I'm not that hungry. Once we get our food and we find a good table we're sitting down, Matt and I, in one side in front of Niall. 

"Why are you not eating as much?" Niall notices. 

"What do you mean?" I try to play it cool. 

"You only do that when something's wrong. So explain."

"I don't think I have to explain it. I think we all know what's wrong. And if you're still clueless, then just take your time to think about everything that's happened. Is that why we came here? To discuss my eating habits?" I try not to sound as cold and harsh but I don't think I did good at doing so. 

"Alright," Matt interrupts," we should just ..." I know he's trying to think of a way to stop this little conversation that started. I thank him silently for that, but I know Niall doesn't want to let it slide. Sometimes I really did wish we didn't know each other that well. Maybe that way we wouldn't have to get at each other when something was wrong, like right now for example. 

"I'm sorry," I hear Niall apologize. 

"Yea," I say. I don't know what else to say. Well I do, but I don't want to say it out loud. I should probably apologize, too, for acting like an asshole. It's not my fault Chiguagua had to come in and ruin everything. 

"So, has your dad let you know anything about your car?" Matt asks still trying to avoid the tension from growing. I don't feel comfortable sitting here, and I'm trying to find an excuse to get out of here. Not completely, but just away from the table at least. But Matt is sitting down to my left, blocking my only way out because to my right is a small wall that separates the sections in the small place.