Chapter Thirty-three

Clare's POV

"So are you going to tell me?" Niall asks for the hundredth time since we first saw each other this morning. 

"What?" I pretend like I don't know anything. 

"Well you said you wanted to talk and then Matt calls me too," he shrugs. "I'm curious what all of this is about." 

"Matt called you? When? What time?" I rush to ask him. 

He laughs, "Calm down." He puts his arm around my shoulder, "He called this morning and just said you were going to tell me something."

"Yea it's about last night," I say and we stop at my locker. I open it while he waits patiently for me to continue. I take out my history book and close it shut. 

"I don't think I'm liking where this is going," he frowns and the small lines on his forehead form.

"It's nothing big," i smile. "He didn't know that it was Tyler the one I went to the movies with. When he found out he kind of freaked out and yelled at me." 

"He questioned you about it when you got home?" He asks. 

"No, he found out when we were driving back," I say. 

"He called you?"

"No, he picked me up at the movies." 

"Why?" he demands to know instantly. 

"Because," I say. "I asked Tyler not to drive me back home"

"Well there must have been a reason. It was raining out last night, and you must have had a big excuse to not let your," he pauses. "friend drive you back. So spill it, Clare. I know you and I know when there is something you're not telling me." 

He's leaning against the lockers and I'm standing in front of him like a deer caught on a headlight. There are people all around us, trying to get over the day and waiting for the bell to ring for school to start. It's still pretty early, and most of these people are only in here for morning tutoring. 

"We can talk about it later," I give him an assuring smile, but he doesn't budge. He has a straight face expression and he's serious about wanting to know what I'm keeping from him. 

"I don't feel like arguing early today," I say and he stands up from the locker leaning thing he was doing and stands straight in front of me. 

"Arguing? Is it that bad that we will argue about it?" He thinks about it for a while. Probably thinking about whether or not he wants to know anymore. 

"Fine," he gives up. "Tell me after school." 

"Actually, I can't.," I say quickly. "I have a class I need to stay after for and I don't know when I will be done. How about you come by my house around seven? You can have dinner with us or something." 

"Fine," he says and by the tone in his voice you can tell he's pissed now. 

"Yea," I say unsure. 

"Well then I better get going," he says. 

"We still have like ten more minutes," i point out with a pout. 

"Yea i know. I have something I have to do really quick." 

"I can come with you," i offer. 

He shakes his head, "I'm okay. You can go to class early today."

Without any other word, he turns around and walks away. No hug. No kiss. Nothing. 

"Well great," I mumble sarcastically.