Chapter Thirty-five

Clare's POV 

Niall is driving me home and the radio is on. The windows are down and the sun is setting in front of us. When I turn to look over at him, he is smiling from ear to ear, making one of my own appear. He holds my hand in his, while he drives with the other one. He looks so happy right now and it makes me love him even more. 

I keep thinking about what happened back in the parking lot of the small restaurant. I had never experienced anything like that. Not with my past relationships or anything. Even though those jerks were all whores, i had honestly never done it in the back of a car. 

I can still feel his lips trailing soft kisses down my neck. And the way his hands held me firm on my hips while he thrust himself inside of me. Oh the sweet sensation when he touched me and kissed me passionately, The way he screamed my name when he came. 

"The pre-tournament is next weekend," Niall brings me back to reality. 

"Already?" I'm shocked to hear this news. It doesn't feel like it's time for it. 

"Yea the competition is pretty rough, but I'm sure we'll do fine as always," he smiles at me. 

"Will you be playing...." I don't finish the question and instead I let him answer it. We both know what I'm wondering. 

"Yea we're playing Tyler's team." 

"Oh."

"Yea," he says and I feel a slight discomfort in me since I was the one who brought it up. 

"You're going to beat them all, especially on that final," I encourage him. 

The light we're on is red, so he takes advantage and looks over to my side. He gives me a small smile, but then he stops and thinks for a while. I wish I knew what is going on inside of his head. He seems slightly off, but then puts on an even bigger smile. 

"Yea, we're gonna kick some ass."

The light turns green and he hits the gas pedal. I roll my eyes at him without letting him see me. I know he hates it whenever I do that to him. I look out my window and watch as the familiar houses go by. This neighborhood can be so dull sometimes, it makes me cringe. 

We finally arrive at my house to find the driveway empty. Matt must have gone out with Natalie and my parents are probably at the store. It's still pretty early, and just before dinner. I doubt we'll all be eating together tonight. 

"Are you coming in?" I ask him as I unbuckle my seat belt. 

"Yea." 

We walk into my house and I lock the door behind us. I hear some shuffling from the living room and I frown. This house is supposed to be empty.

"What was that?" Niall whispers. 

"I don't know," I say. "I'll go check." 

I start walking towards the noise, but Niall's hand stops me. He raises and eyebrow and then drags me behind him. I frown at him, he knows I hate it when he grabs me like that. 

"I'll take a look." 

He doesn't wait for an answer. Instead, he walks to the living room, where the light is on. As soon as he sees who it is he rolls his eyes. Curiosity wins over, and I find myself walking his way. 

"Someone's here to visit you," Niall says with obvious dislike. 

"Who?" I'm beyond confused as to who it might be. I doubt it's Tyler, especially after the kiss. 

"Clare," I meet Jason's eyes.

"Jason, what are you doing here?" I'm so confused, and I'm taken by surprise when he hugs me tightly in front of Niall. This boy likes to hug a little too much.