Chapter Twenty-seven

Clare's POV

It's already Monday and I'm currently in second period. I haven't seen Niall since yesterday around eight at night. I've been watching the clock tick by, but it only seems to be going slower. I've lost track of what our teacher is saying and the only thing I can focus on are my thoughts. They have been running wild, since yesterday afternoon in the soccer field. 

The thought of being Niall's girlfriend is still sinking in. I haven't told anyone yet. Not even Matt. I don't know when Niall will want us to make our relationship public. He didn't say he want it to keep it a secret, but I also didn't want to start opening my mouth and yelling it in people's faces. I didn't want to start off bad, with it being the first day. 

I look down at what I have written on my paper. We are supposed to be taking notes on today's lecture about the Mongols taking over China a long long time ago and the horrible things they did to the people there. Instead, all I have are hearts and flowers on the sides of my notebook paper. Oh and a happy face next to my name. 

It's probably the fact that I'm a teen girl. Or just the fact that I had been waiting for a while for something like this to happen. I don't remember admitting to want this as much as I do, but then again I'm pretty sure I did. The thought of officially being his girlfriend had me going crazy instantly. Now, actually being able to say it, was pretty insane. 

The bell finally rang and I grabbed my notebook and threw it inside my bag, not really caring about it. I wanted to see if I could maybe meet Niall in the hallway or something. He should be getting out of his health class right now, and it wasn't too far away. I had some time to catch up to him if I hurried. 

I made my way through the crowded hallways, and pushed my way out of the small gatherings kids would usually make. When I finally saw him, I froze. 

Bella was on his side, holding his hand and he wasn't doing anything to let her go. I bit my lip and hoped I was just picturing things, but they were still there. My bag threatened to fall to my side, but i didn't allow for it to. I didn't know what to do and I stood there watching as I was being pushed to the side nobody really caring about me standing there motionless. 

I saw them laugh and smile, while I was about to cry. No matter how loud I screamed at myself to not cry right now, I couldn't help it. my heart was broken and I felt weak. I wanted to yell at them from where I was standing, but I calmed myself down for a second. 

Finally, I built up enough strength and I began walking their way. I wasn't going to just pretend like that didn't hurt me. I wasn't going to be the dumb ass here, unaware of what was happening. With tears still in my eyes, I picked up speed in my walk. The hallways were getting less crowded and my anger was pilling on even more. 

With my head held up high, I walked in the middle of their hands and broke them apart. I didn't stop there though, and instead kept walking. I hear Bella let out a disturbed noise and I could bet a hundred dollars she was looking furious. 

"That bitch!" I heard her say, but that was all. 

I turned right on the next hallway and stopped. I felt like I didn't just stop walking, but I also stopped breathing. They were holding hands, like if they were a couple. You couldn't deny that. Finally, I let my bag fall to my side and I stood there  looking down at the floor. 

"Clare!" I heard Niall yell.

That was my wake-up call to pick my bag up and hurry ahead to find somewhere else to be alone. I didn't feel like talking to him. I couldn't help but think that maybe they set me up and this was all a joke to them. I don't care that Niall and I were friends, they were friends before too, so what would stop them from doing it.