He's Back

*WARNING* Very mature content at the end. Read at your own risk!

   A few day had passed since I was rescued. My family acted really nice. I started to like having them around. I was glad to be back to an almost normal lifestyle. Evenings were my favorite. We would all sit in the family room and talk about random things. Then we'd all go to bed. I had noticed that at first my bed felt empty. I was now used to it. I closed my eyes, falling into a deep slumber, but it was the first night I dreamed about Kyle.

   He had a knife and was chasing me. I was screaming bloody murder. I tripped and fell, Kyle looming over me.

   I woke up, sweating and breathing heavily. I got up and walked to my parents' room.

   "I had a nightmare, so I'm going to sleep with you guys" I whispered. They didn't say anything, so I figured they were too fast asleep. I curled up between them, but when I closed my eyes, something didn't feel right. The bed was all wet.

   I got up and put my fingers in the liquid, smelling it. It had a metallic smell to it. My stomach clenched and I quickly ran and turned on the lights. 

   There my parents laid, their necks sliced open. I gasped and quickly ran out of the room, running to Jake's room. He, too, was dead with his neck sliced open. All the bodies were still warm, so it happened recently. That meant the killer was still in the house.

   I quickly ran into my room, shutting the door, locking it, and sitting huddled in the dark in a corner. I felt tears running down my face. These few perfect days had just suddenly been ruined by an unknown killer.

   I suddenly heard a deep chuckle that sent chills down my spine. It seemed to come from all around me.

   "Poor, poor Bella. Her family is dead. What must she be going through at this moment? What thoughts are racing through her brain? If she dies tonight, like her family, we may never know" came a bone-chilling, deep male voice. I whimpered as tsk noises followed. Silence followed as I sat shivering in the corner. 

   I froze as I caught movement in my closet. I didn't lock the killer out of my room, I locked myself in my room with the killer. I sat, thinking. I could make a run for it, but that wouldn't get me very far.

   I slowly got shakily to my feet and quietly walked toward the door. I could feel the killer's gaze on me, but they made no attempt to stop me. I quickly unlocked the door and ran out of my room.

   I ran down the stairs and toward the front door, but it wouldn't open. I tried every door and window in the house, but nothing worked. It was like this killer was toying with me.

   "I planned this well, didn't I Bella? There's no escaping from me. Not now, not ever. You can run, but you can never hide from me" the deep voice chuckled, once again coming from all around me.

   "Please, leave me alone. You've had your fill of bloodshed tonight" I cried.

   "You don't understand. I didn't come for you family. I came for you, Bella"

   "Why me?"

   "I have my reasons" the voice replied. I shook my head, crying silently. I picked out a knife from the kitchen and stood facing the counter, trying to get my breathing under control. I heard a chuckle behind me that made me freeze.

    The killer was in the kitchen with me.

   "What do you plan on doing with that? That won't work against me, Bella" the voice taunted. My eyes widened with realization as I slowly turned around and looked into dark brown eyes. The familiar smirk caught my attention, as well as the familiar, now bloodied knife. My breath caught in my throat.