Sickness and Needles

"Kyle?" I whispered. I woke up to find him sleeping beside me. He woke up and his brown eyes met mine. His expression became confused when he saw my pale face.

   "What's wrong?" he asked.

   "I don't feel good"

   "Okay, stay here. I'm gonna call the doctor and take your temp" Kyle answered. I nodded.

   He went to the bathroom and got a thermometer, putting it in my mouth. He left the room and came back just as the thermometer beeped. He looked at the temp and shook his head, sighing. 

   There was a knock on the door and a man came in with a suit case. Kyle showed him the thermometer and he shook his head. He smiled at me and sat the brief case down.

   He started feeling my neck and took out a stethoscope, making me breath as he pressed the cold metal to my back. He checked the thermometer again and sighed. He turned to Kyle.

   "It's not bad, but I will need to give her medicine through an injection" the doctor said. Kyle nodded. I sat straight up, jumping off the bed and backing away.

   "W...what?" I asked nervously. Kyle looked at me with a worried expression.

   "An injection"

   "A what?"

   "Another word for a shot" Kyle said, clearly annoyed by my behavior.

   I shook my head and ran out of the room, screaming. I heard Kyle chasing after me.

   I took a shot and ran halfway down the stairs then jumped off the railing. I fled down the hallway, trying to find somebody to help me. Kyle's footprints were getting closer. I ran faster, seeing a door that led outside. I ran to it and opened it as fast as I could, slamming it shut behind me and running as fast as I could away from the house.

   I finally stopped running, but kept walking.

   I heard a twig snap and looked around, not seeing anything. The woods was definitely scary at night. I heard another twig snap and my breathing started picking up. I was freaking out. 

   Suddenly arms went around my waist and I was picked up and thrown over somebody's shoulder.

   "Let me go! Help!" I screamed. The person dropped me on the ground and got on top of me. I looked into familiar brown eyes.

   "Shut up" Kyle growled.

   "Kyle" I breathed.

   "What were you thinking? Why did you run away like that?"

   "Please, don't bring me back there. I'm fine, honestly. I feel a lot better now"

   "You still need the medicine"

   "No! Anything but that!"

   "Calm down, it's just a shot"

   "No no no no no no no"

   "What are you so afraid of"

   "Needles"

   "Well, too bad" Kyle growled. He picked me up and brought me back to our room. The doctor was there with a long syringe. He smiled as we entered the room.

   I took one look at the needle and began to hyperventilate. I dropped to the ground and curled up in a ball, rocking back and forth.

   "I didn't do anything wrong" I kept whispering over and over and over again. Kyle picked me up and placed me on the bed holding me down.