Chapter 8. When You Least Expect It

|Rhian|

"Mimi ... Mama ..."

I automatically pushed Glaiza the moment I heard Caedy's voice. At dahil nabigla sa malakas na pagkakatulak ko ay muntik pa itong mahulog sa kinauupuan.

Other times, I would've laughed at our situation because it's like we were caught doing something illegal by some sheriff. But then I was far from laughing for my daughter was eyeing on us, giving us her curious look.

"Mama, Mimi, what are you doing?" Caedy asked innocently. Her little forehead slightly frown.

I blushed to the roots of my hair as I heard my five year old daughter's question. I was caught speechless, unable to utter any word.

What will I say anyway? That she just caught me stupidly waiting for her Mimi's lips to touch mine? That I was actually wanted to be kiss and that once again, I find myself wanton and unable to resist her Mimi's charm?

Ugh! Such big trouble!

Bago pa ko makahagilap ng tamang salita para magpaliwanag kay Caedy ay naunahan na ko ni Glaiza.

"I'm just fixing Mama's hair, sweetie ... 'cause she doesn't know how." Glaiza gave me a quick glance and meaningfully smiled at me, that made me blush even more. "How about you, what are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you." Cady replied. Pagkatapos ay naglalambing na yumakap kay Glaiza. "Mimi, do you know how to play Xbox? Jayson gave it to Caiden but Caiden said I can play it whenever I want to. Can you play it with me?"

I saw Glaiza's forehead frown. Hindi ko alam kung dahil wala itong ideya kung paano laruin ang Xbox o dahil sa pagkabanggit ni Caedy sa pangalan ni Jayson.

Ganunpaman ay hindi ito nagkomento sa halip ay muling ngumiti. "Ofcourse, I would love to, sweetheart. And while we're playing, I was hoping you can tell me more about this Jayson guy."

Hindi ko napigilang mapasinghap sa sinabi ni Glaiza.

I knew it. She's using my daughter to gather information about me. And knowing how fond Caedy is to Glaiza, for sure the former will tell everything including her huge dislike about Jayson.

"Honey, I think you should sleep now." Sabad ko sa usapan ng dalawa bago pa kung ano ang masabi ni Caedy.

"But Mama, I still wanna play with Mimi."

"Caedy, no. No more playing, okay? You've been playing the whole day. Go change your clothes and brush your teeth so you can go to bed."

Instead of obeying me, Caedy's eyes automatically went to Glaiza, as if asking for help.

"Caedy, didn't you hear me? I told you to --"

"Don't you think it's too early for her to sleep? Eight pa lang naman, hayaan mo na muna syang maglaro."