Chapter 14. Where Home Is

|Rhian|

After our talk, Glaiza continued driving me home.

We're both smiling and couldn't contained our happiness. Glancing at each other like some love-crazed couple while our hands intertwined with one another.

Hindi na nya binitiwan ang kamay ko kahit na nga ba alam kong nahihirapan syang magdrive gamit lang ang isang kamay.

But I'm not complaining, I missed the warmth of her hand against mine. I felt some sense of security, the feeling that no one can go against us as long as we're holding each other.

Naghiwalay lang ang mga kamay namin ng marating na namin ang bahay at kinailangan na naming bumaba ng sasakyan.

"So, this is me." I said after she walked with me to my doorstep.

I was smiling at her and so did she to me.

"Yeah, anong oras na ba?" She asked then took my hand and checked the time on my wrist watch.

"May watch ka naman eh." My smile widen knowing that she's wearing her wrist watch too.

"Mas maganda yung time dito sa watch mo eh. Mas accurate." She grinned. Napailing na lang ako ng hindi na nya bitiwan ang kamay ko. And once again clasped her fingers against mine.

"Sus, gusto mo lang hawakan yung kamay ko eh. Andami mo pang alibi." I said teasingly.

She smiled, a bit embarrassed.

"I just missed holding your hands. Bakit, ikaw ba hindi mo ko namiss i-hold hands?"

So, the feeling is mutual. I thought.

Instead of nodding, I chose to shook my head.

"Nope." Sagot ko, pero bakas sa mga mata at paraan ng pagkakangiti ang panunukso.

"Is that so?" She arched one brows.

"Ofcourse, I'm just kidding. Syempre namiss ko 'to ..." I said then raised both our hands. "At namiss kita." I giggle.

"Mas namiss kita." She respond, flashing her big smile. Bahagyang nawala ang mga mata nito dahil sa malaking pagkakangiti, and that made her look cute.

"How do you managed to look gorgeous and cute all at the same time?" I can't help but asked her.

"It's a top secret." She wink and smiled lopsidedly.

And I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Okay. Now, I believe it's time for me to go. Just send my kisses to the twins and ... have a great night." And just like that she let go of my hand then turned around to go back to her car.

What? That's it? Wala man lang goodbye kiss?

"Hey, Glai ..." Hindi ko napigilang tawag sa kanya.

She stopped on her tracks and turned her head on me.

"You wanna ... go inside ... have coffee?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Baka kase antukin ka sa byahe."

"Nah, I know you're tired. And don't worry about me, I can manage." She gave me a reassuring smile then turned her back and continued walking again.

What is happening to her? Why all of a sudden she's so eager to go back to her hotel?