A Surprising Overnight Visitor, Resulting in the Completion of my Stupid Task

8

(The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug spoilers)

Flynn and I watched the rest of Desolation of Smaug together, and since he'd never seen this or the first Hobbit, An Unexpected Journey, he kept asking a bunch of annoying questions and screwing with the vibe.

His ignorant questions, in no particular order:

"So that dwarf guy...Kiki or whatever, is in love with the red headed elf lady?"

"Yes. And it's Kili. And Tauriel."

"And the other dwarf...Thor...he's trying to find a lost mountain?"

"Sort of. And it's Thorin."

"How do you lose a mountain?"

"Pay attention to the movie and you'll see how!"

"And is that one dwarf seriously named Groin?"

"No, you numbskull, it's Gloin!"

"And why do they keep calling the guy who's obsessed with the ring 'Dildo'? And why doesn't he get mad about it? And why are his feet hairy?"

"Oh my God! His name is Bilbo and he's a Hobbit! Hence the name 'The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug'!"

"And why is he obsessed with the ring?"

"Shut up."

"And what are those weird monster things that keep following them? Sporks? Corks?"

"Shut up!"

"Okay, fine!"

I don't know why I let him stay so long. I guess I just didn't think to tell him to leave. After the movie was over, however, I did tell him he had to get out.

"But...I don't have anywhere else to go," he said.

"Look, I'll take you home since your non-existent sister has your fictional truck, okay!" I said, starting to unlock my door.

"I can't go home," he said, "can't I just stay here or something?"

"Why can't you go home, hmm?" I asked, turning around to face him, "and by the way, you never really did tell me what happened to you."

"Ugh, Alison-"

"Don't 'ugh Alison' me," I told him, "I'll take you to a hotel or something. Couldn't you stay with a friend?"

He glanced over at the TV before bringing his eyes back to me, saying, "I thought I was."

"We're not exactly friends, Flynn," I said, because it was the truth. But it was a bit harsh, now that I look back on it.

He sighed, running a hand through his dark hair. "If I tell you what happened, then will you let me stay?"

"I don't trust you," I said, crossing my arms, "I hardly know you. There's no way in hell you're staying in my room."

"Oh, come on!" He exclaimed in frustration, his hands balling into fists at his sides.

"We're not friends, you can't stay here," I said firmly, glaring up at him. And then, suddenly, a thought struck me. "Have someone besides your friends stay overnight at your house". Flynn and I weren't friends. I could complete my task.

But I didn't trust him. Not really. What if he did...anything, while I was asleep?

Apparently, his thoughts were much like my own. "Hey, if I stay here, you'll complete your task."

"Yep...that's what I was thinking..." I muttered. Why did this happen to me?! Argh!

"Great minds think alike, you know," he grinned.

I leered at him before going to plop down on my bed. "Just tell me what the hell happened, and then I'll decide if you staying here is gonna put me in any type of danger."

"Ugh, okay," he said, and he sank onto my bean bag chair before launching into the whole thing - briefly, of course, because he's a guy and guys can never give details. Ever:

"I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, that's all. Well, sort of. Some guys from school who are apparently jealous of me got a bit violent. According to them I stole one of the guy's girlfriend. But I don't even have a girlfriend."

He finished with a shrug, like it was no big deal really, while I was just staring at him, probably with my mouth hanging open farther than Ron's when he first saw Hermione at the Yule Ball.

When he saw the look I was giving him, he cleared his throat, the rough noise bringing me back to my senses.

"Jesus Christ, Flynn," is all I managed as I continued to stare at him with wide eyes.

"See, I didn't want to tell you," he mumbled, turning away from me and picking at his thumbnail.

I scrambled into a sitting position. "No, no, I'm glad you told me. But...these creeps don't know where I live, right?"

Flynn shook his head immediately. "That's another reason why I picked you to come get me. Also, you're my only reliable friend."

"Stop saying that," I told him, "we can't be friends until tomorrow so that way my task will be completed."

"Okay fine," he sighed, "but since I'm helping you with your task, you have to help me with mine."

"How am I going to do that? I'm not a guy, and even if I was, there's no way in hell I'd let you kiss me," I rambled.

"There's a loophole, and you have to help me use it," he replied, and I frowned.

"What loophole?"

"They didn't specify how old the guy had to be, or where I had to kiss him, so I can just kiss a baby on the forehead or something."

I cocked an eyebrow. "You know, you're usually pretty dumb, but that's actually a genius idea," I said.

He gave me a funny look. "Thank you?"

It was quiet for a second before he asked, "so, who do you know that has a boy baby?"

And that's the first time Flynn Tyler slept over at my house.

Yeah, you heard me, the first time. Meaning there were other times. Yay. (Please note the sarcasm)