A Late Night Text Conversation with the One and Only Mr. Hot Stuff

15

Hey Alison, you there?

I glared at the text, incredibly annoyed. Should I answer back? He would probably keep on texting me whether I told him to leave me alone or not.

But then I thought, well, I can do two things at once. So I started the movie and replied to him.

What? You don't need me to come get you again, do you?

No.

Good. I'm trying to watch a movie. Don't text me anymore.

I knew good and well that telling him not to text me anymore wouldn't do a bit of good, because he's Flynn and he's annoying. But I at least wanted him to know that I wasn't glad to be talking to him.

I had turned back to the movie when my phone buzzed again, and I glanced down at the newest message.

Aw come on Alison

I rolled my eyes and focused my attention back on the movie. I'd come up with a snide comment to reply with later.

My phone buzzed several times during the first thirty minutes of the movie, but I ignored it. I'd text during my bathroom/snack break.

When I was forty-five minutes into the thing, I paused it and went to the bathroom. When I finished there, I grabbed my phone up off my bed and headed downstairs for a snack. I don't text on the toilet because I don't want the hackers (who may or may not work for the government, but whatever) to see me peeing.

I checked my messages as I trotted down the stairs. Much to my utter joy, instead of all seven new messages being from Flynn the Obnoxious Movie Interrupter, there was a text from Jenna. I looked at it first.

Hey Ali I thought of something you could do with Flynn on the date you get to plan so he won't fall in love with you anymore than he already has. 

You don't have to text me back. I saw a sign saying there's gonna be a movie night in the park with a projector. 

Not sure what movie is gonna play but you could check on it. Or I'll get back to you with better info, whatever. XOXO

Perfect. And this time I wasn't being sarcastic. A movie was something that wouldn't be sentimental or romantic, and give me a reason to completely ignore Flynn, a good excuse not to talk, other than me just ignoring him because I want to.

I walked across the living room, staring at the six new messages from Flynn, but not really comprehending them until after I'd gotten some popcorn popping. And not the gross microwave kind either. I only eat the good stuff that is made in my special popcorn-popping machine!

I plopped down at the kitchen table, and read the first new Flynn text.

So what movie are you watching?

You really should answer me.

Lord of the Rings again?

Oh wait, I forgot. The Hobbit. Dildo and the gang.

You know, Groin and Kiki?

The latest text from him was dated about ten minutes after the one about "Groin" and "Kiki".

You're really not gonna correct me? Should I find the nearest bomb shelter and take shelter in it?

That last one was from fifteen minutes ago, but I took his bait. Stupid me.