Chapter 19

All I hear is one voice, a man. I don't know who's voice it is, I don't recognize it. I want to wake up, but I can't my body doesn't let me. Someone is holding my hand, it feels like Shawn's hand but I am not sure. "Brooklynn wake up." "C'mon babe wake up I miss you." I recognize the voice, this is the voice of the boy who has hurten me, the one boy I love.

2 weeks later and I am still in a coma, and he is still holding my hand, he hasn't let go. I want to wake up so bad and want to tell him that I'm sorry that I was stupid, that I forgive him. But I can't, I can't wake up.

I dream a lot about him that we have a family or the fact that we are old together, I want to hug him so bad right now. To say 'I love you', kiss him, tease him.

I miss him so much, it's impossible, why did he leave with her? Why did he cheat on me? Am I not good enough? That is the question I ask myself a lot, am I not good enough. Someone pinches in my hand I want to respond to pinch back but I can't, my body doesn't let me. "Brooklynn wake up I miss you, I was stupid and drunk" the voice says. "Babe I miss you please wake up now" the voice again.

Was he really drunk? Or wasn't he? Am I not good enough for him? Is she better than me? What has she that I haven't? A better smile? A better personality? Prettier face? I don't know, but one thing I know; I want to wake up, now.

4 months later and he still hasn't let go my hand. Everytime I have the same dream about him and me, and her. In every dream is she but why? I don't know. "I think she doesn't make this" a voice says. I didn't hear this voice before? Who's voice is it? I think a doctor, a female. "Yes she is gonna make it! Brooklynn wake up please" the voice screams and cries at the same time.

Why is he crying? About me? About her? "We give her 2 days and if she isn't awake then you have to say goodbye sir" she says. Goodbye? No! I'm gonna make this I know it. Please wake up, wake up, c'mon Brooklynn you can do this. He is pinches my hand again and this time I respond back with a pinch, finally.

"Brooklynn! Wake up I know you can hear me! Babe you can do this!" he says. I know I can do it, but my body doesn't let me. I feel a tear on my hand. It's his tear? Or from someone else? I pinch again in his hand. "I miss you" he whispers. I know he misses me, I miss him too.

He caresses my hand with his thumb, it feels good. I hear another voice, a male. "How is she doing?" he asks. I recognize the voice immediately, it's my ex. "Well she is still in a coma so I think good?" he says. My ex laughs. I want to tell them that I'm fine and that I'm alive but I don't know how.

The boy who I love is laying right next to me. How do I know? I smell his perfume, sweet. He says some things in my ear and he is crying, I can hear it. He strikes my hair, it gives me a safe feeling. The good old days. "You can do this darling I know you can" he says.

He gives a kiss on my lips and I feel his warm and soft lips, I missed them. He gives me a kiss on my forhead and he leaves. Where is he? Is he with her? Why?

It's 2:30 am and I slowly open my eyes, all I can see is black. I blink a few times and then I see colours and everything is sharp, I see him. "Hey" I say quietly because my voice hurts so bad. "Brooklynn?" he asks.

He comes closer and he sees me, and I see him. "Hey" I say again but still quietly . "Brooklynn! I missed you so so so much I'm so sorry about everything" he says. "Come closer" I say. "But.-" "I said come closer."

He comes closer and he is laying in my bed now. "Come here." I kiss him and he kisses me back, I missed this. "I love you, more than anyone can imagine." "I know Shawn, I love you too." He smiles and cries at the same time. I never saw him crying before, only when my parents had an accident.

Wait, my parents! "Shawn my parents! Are they okay?!" I panick. "Sstt" he says. He strikes my hair and he wipes my tears away. "They are okay, they are home." I nod and feel better. I look into his brown eyes, those beautiful brown eyes. "Where are you looking at?" he says. "I'm looking at you."

He smiles and he kisses me. "Shawn I'm hungry." "Okay I'll get you some food." I nod and I laugh, finally I'm back on earth.

3 weeks later and I'm home, the doctors says I have to take it easy. I drunk too much at that party and I drunk myself in a coma. I didn't ask Shawn about Camila because I know he feels guilty.

I am on Shawn's back and he brings me to my room. I missed this place. I'm so tired so I'm going to sleep immediately. "Goodnight" he says and wants to leave but I stop him. "Shawn wait" I say. He stops and I grab his hand. "Stay" I say. "Are you sure?" I nod, of course I'm sure. "Okay then" he says.

Shawn lays his arm around my waist and my face is close to his face, I can feel his breath. He gives me a kiss on my lips and pulls me closer to his chest, it's safe there. "I love you Shawn" I say. "I love you too, forever and always." I smile and close my eyes.

It's sunday so that means no school just chilling. "Wake up" Shawn says. I rub in my eyes. He made breakfast in bed for me. "Thank you so much" I say. He comes closer and I give him a kiss. I eat and feel a lot better now. "I'm going to take a shower, see you later" I say. He nods and I leave the room.

After showering I wear one of Shawn's sweatshirts it's oversized for me so it's comfy. "Shawn can you sing for me?" I say. Shawn nods. "Of course what song?" "A little too much and after that one Act like you love me" I say.

Shawn leaves and he comes back with a guitar. "Can I begin?" he says. I nod.

After the songs I feel a real connection between us, passion. "Can I have your guitar now?" Shawn gives me the guitar and I play something and I sing some words. "Do you have a Youtube account?" he suddenly asks. "Yes I do but I don't upload things." "You should do that! How about making a duet and upload that?" he asks. That isn't a bad idea. "Okay Mendes let's do it."

After one hour Shawn and I made a duet and we are editing it. We are singing Shawn's song: 'Mercy'. "I think it's cool" he says. "Yes I agree!" My mom and dad are coming into my room and they give me a hug. "We missed you" my mom says. "I missed you guys too" I say.

"Okay we are going to the mall see you guys later, bye Shawn, bye Brook!" my father says. I'll ask them later about the accident.

"How about upload it now?" Shawn says. "Now? What if no one likes it?" I say. "Of course they do, just upload a little part of the video on your Instagram and I do the same" he says. "Mhmm okay then."

I click on 'upload' and the video is uploaded. "I hope someone is watching this video" I say. "Of course they do, you're amazing and talented." He gives me a kiss on my forhead and he pulls me closer to his chest.

It's 9 pm and Shawn is still at my place. "Shawn wait the Youtube video!" I grab my iPhone and click on the video and there it is: 285K views, in 5 hours. I have 65.758 people who are following me on Youtube, wow. "Shawn look!"

Shawn looks and he is so happy! "You made it Brooklynn!" He gives me a kiss. I shake my head. "No Shawn, we made it."