Chapter 17

Kirstie's POV

I got up early and took my time getting ready today. I wore a pretty dress and curled my hair . I made sure my make up looked really good. Today I was giving a presentation in front of the entire school. I'm taking a class this semester and for my project I'm giving a presentation on something I love and how it's changed my life. We have to give examples and it has to be 5-8 minutes long. I chose to do my presentation on music. I love singing and when my dad left music helped me get through it.

I ran downstairs and grabbed breakfast before heading to the bus stop and making it on the bus.

Jeremy's POV

I woke up feeling nauseous. I got up and ran to the bathroom vomiting the contents of my stomach into the toilet. My mom found me sitting on the bathroom floor and directed me back to my bed.

"I'm going to call the school. You're staying home today" my mom directed

"But I can't" I argued weakly

"Sweetie you're sick. You have a fever"

"But Kirstie's presentation. I promised her I'd be there"

"Maybe you can FaceTime one of your friends and be there that way"

"I can't. I promised her I'd be in the front row so if she got nervous she could look at me"

"Well you're not going to school"

"But-"

"No buts you're not going. Rest"

Kirstie's POV

I sat in home room waiting for Jeremy, but he didn't come. I texted him and he didn't answer. I was starting to worry but I knew he wouldn't miss this. He promised.

It came time for the presentation and I couldn't be more nervous. I looked around the auditorium and found Scott and Mitch.

"Kirstie!" They exclaimed running over to me

"You're going to do amazing" Mitch said

"Where's Jeremy?" I asked

"I don't know I haven't seen him all day"

"Where is he?" I asked panicking as I looked for my boyfriend.

"Kirstie, calm down. You're going to do amazing I have faith in you"

Before I knew it I was on stage giving my presentation.

"H-hi I'm Kirstin. I'm going to be doing a presentation on music and how it's helped me through the tough times in my life" I went through most of my presentation with ease, but it came the time for my first live example.

"So I'm going to be singing a song I wrote for my boyfriend. He was the person who helped me through the hardest time in my life, my father leaving.

It's ten past two

Still up thinking of you

If I showed you all I really want to

Would you stay

Date push me away

I just can't return anymore

Timid hearts

Hide my scars

Makes me stronger-" I felt the tears brimming my eyes as I realized Jeremy wasn't in school. I ran off the stage crying. I didn't care if I was going to fail my project, I just couldn't do it, I lost all confidence.