Chapter 24

Kirstie's POV

"Why? WHY? WHY ARE YOU HERE AND NOT WITH ANNE WHERE YOU BELONG!?" I yelled at my father

"I came back with Leo, he told me you might be here"

"WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU BROKE OUR FAMILY AND YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME" I stormed out of the room and ran to the bathroom where I started crying. I was beyond mad. I didn't want to deal with my father ever again, yet he comes waltzing right back into my life as if he hadn't left for a second and I hate it! I absolutely hate it!

I found myself in an empty classroom sobbing. Jeremy, Mitch, and Scott came in to make sure I was okay.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to explode like that. He just left us and now he thinks he can just come back and everything will be fine and I'll want to see him. Does he not know about me not wanting to go visit him on my breaks? I just don't want to be around him"

"I know Kirst." Jeremy said wrapping his arms around me "it's hard, I get it, but he is your father and he loves you very much"

"If he loved me so much then why did he leave?"

"I don't know, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love you. He had issues of his own that he needed to solve"

"Solving them is not getting married and leaving your actual daughter behind. I always dreamed of this perfect family I'd have one day, ever since I was little, and my father constantly leaving and hurting my mother and I was never part of that dream. I thought one day, maybe we could be a normal family, but I just realized something. We never will"

I looked up and saw my dad standing in the doorway. He heard all of what I said.

"I'm sorry I was never that perfect father you wanted, but I'm trying my best"

"That's bullshit"

"Language Kristin"

"If you were really trying you wouldn't have left, you wouldn't have gotten married to someone else, and you definitely wouldn't have moved to another country. If you were trying you wouldn't be married to Anne, you'd be married to mom and the three of us would live together happily. We'd never have to wonder if you were going to come home from work everyday. That would be trying. So stop lying to me"