Chapter 28

Kirstie's POV

Luckily, Stella and I don't have any classes together, but we do have the same lunch. Only having lunch with her gave her less time to come and target me, that's only if we don't pass each other in the hall.

I was in study hall in our hideout with Mitch, Scott, and Jeremy. They were talking, but I couldn't focus, I was too nervous. After about ten minutes they noticed my absence from the conversation.

"Kit, are you okay?" Mitch asked

I nodded in response.

"No you're not, what's going on?"

"Promise you won't leave me" I whispered

"What?"

"Promise you won't leave me"

"We will never leave you, kit, you know that"

"Even when she goes for you as she does for me, you won't leave me?"

"Never. No matter what, we will stay by your side"

We all talked for a little longer, but were interrupted by the bell. Lunch. We had lunch. I wasn't ready for lunch. I wasn't ready to face her again. It was too much, but I knew I couldn't just stop eating.

I walked to lunch with Mitch, Scott, and Jeremy by my side. For lunch it was spaghetti and meatballs. I got a plate as I normally would and started walking back to the table with my friends close behind. I saw an open table and started to walk faster, hoping to make it there before anyone else did. I wasn't paying much attention to anything accept the open table in front of me, so I didn't see Stella stick her leg out to trip me.

I fell. I had tomato sauce and noodles all over me. I was a mess and I was embarrassed. I had a big stain on my shirt, and I didn't have anything to change into. I got up, got the rest of my food that wasn't on the floor or myself, and ran to the bathroom with Scott, Mitch, and Jeremy right behind me. I ran into the bathroom, found an open stall, ran in, and locked the door. I wasn't planing on ever coming out.

"Kirstie?" Mitch called "Kirst, are you in here?" this felt all too familiar. It felt like my birthday, well the beginning of it, before the fence incident. I walked into school feeling amazing. It was my 11th birthday. My dad had gotten me this very beautiful, very expensive dress. I felt like a princess. My mom had done my hair so it looked really pretty. When I walked into school that day, all she could tell me was how cheap the dress looked and how it didn't fit me right. I ran to the bathroom and started crying. Mitch ran after me and consoled me.

"I'm in here" I choked out

"Can I come in?"

"Please"

He calmed me down and gave me the extra shirt he kept in his bag for gym. It wasn't too big on me and was way better than my spaghetti stained