Chapter 02 : Date Night

It's 6 P.M. and Tyler is pulling up in the driveway. Katherine is yelling at me to get my ass downstairs. The thought of what it would be like being different comes to mind. It would never happen. I've spent all of my life as the person I am, I can't change now. I already let it take over. Fake is all I'll ever be.

"You look beautiful." Tyler says. I can tell he just says it because he feels required to.
"Not too bad yourself." We let out a small laugh.

He opens the door to his car for me to get in. He's such a gentleman, one thing that is real about him. We talked whole car ride about boring stuff. Sports, shopping, clothes, shoes, popular music, it goes on and on. He wouldn't tell me where we were going. Tyler pulls up into the best restaurant in the city. I shriek and act way more excited than I really am. This place is so expensive. I can't believe he actually took me here. Part of me really wants to tell him that he shouldn't have, but then that's too much explaining. We keep explaining to the minimum, makes the relationship so much easier for both of us.

"I know this place is really expensive, but I would do anything for you. Vee, you are very special to me." Tyler makes me blush. Not because I like him, but the words are nice.
"Aw, thank you Tyler. Your the best boyfriend a girl could ask for." I say in a sweet voice. The truth is that any real boyfriend would be better. I'm just trying to make him feel good for how nice he's being to me.

The night finally came to an end. I thought it never would, the date went by so slow. He took me home, said goodnight like any good boyfriend would say. That was it. Nothing special about the date. Nothing felt real to me, it never has.

Tyler's POV

Venus was the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen. I would like her a lot better if she wasn't like the other girls, but then I probably wouldn't be dating her. Picking her up is never fun. Her step mom, Katherine, is a bitch. You can tell that she would do anything to make Vee's life a living hell. I always wonder how she acts perfectly fine. I could only imagine what her life would be like. I'm not really interested in her. It's all for show. I actually like a girl in one of my classes, but I could never date her. The guys would laugh at me and make my reputation drop.

I pull into her driveway and prepare to walk in the door. Katherine looks drunk, like always. She yells at Vee to come downstairs and it startles me. I should be used to it, she does it every time. I grab Vee's hand and walk out to the car. Shouldn't I feel a spark or something? Or is that just in the movies? I opened the door, all boyfriends are required to be a gentleman. It's like some rule. We talk about the same stuff as always and I wish we could talk about something meaningful. Venus isn't the type of girl to talk about things that have meaning.

I took her to the most expensive restaurant in the city because the guys said it was a good idea. She's special and all, but I don't feel the way I should. She was pretty excited. Shrieked just like all the other popular chicks would. It was nothing special. I would dump her, but I don't want to break her heart. I don't want everyone bashing me or making a big deal. Our relationship doesn't feel real, it never has.