Chapter 05 : I Wish I Was Real

The doctors preformed my surgery earlier today. No one was here waiting for me. Not a single person. I don't mind it, at least Katherine wasn't waiting for me. I was wheeled back into my room and there were flowers, balloons, cards, teddy bears, and candy. "Get well soon." I laugh. No one actually cares if I get better or not. Most of the stuff came from my friends. If I can even call them that. I don't even know most of these people. What have I even become?

Katherine walks into the room, my dad coming in behind her. I don't want anything to do with these people. I am only capable of some moving at the moment. Some of my body part are still numb. I start moving restlessly and screaming. I'd rather pull out all my IVs than see these people. It didn't work that well, but the machines still notified the nurses.

"Excuse me, she's very unstable. You'll have to come back another time." The nurse escorted them out.
"She's my daughter! You can't keep me away from her! I will be back." My dad was screaming.

You could hear him yelling from further and further away. I imagine that security was dragging him away. I will never see him the way I used to ever again. He's not my dad, not anymore. He's just like Katherine. The words "What did you do?" I will never forget that moment. He loved his crazy bitch wife more than his own daughter. That moment when no one really loves you, they never will.

I get to leave the hospital in two days. Most people would be ready to leave, but I can't go back home. I'll just end up back here, maybe even dead. Not much of a life. Will I even make it to graduation? What will life be like when I go back to school? Rumors have probably been spreading since the first day I even missed. It makes me wish that I wasn't so popular. The things I'll have to deal with when I go back.

Too many things running through my mind. I haven't slept in what seems like forever. I have way too much time to myself. My thoughts are killing me. Sometimes I wish I wasn't living the life I made for myself. I wish I was real, because being fake is tearing me apart.