Chapter 03 : Don't Have An Attitude

Walking through the front door is always the worst. The crazy bitch Katherine is always there waiting for me. I just want to open the door and walk in like a normal person. Instead, she just screams at me for being such a burden to her. Katherine doesn't have to even deal with me, she just chooses to torture me. She just takes out all of her anger out on me.

"What the hell are you doing home so late?" Katherine screams at the top of her lungs.
"Okay. Okay. Jeez sorry that it matters to you." I said with an attitude and started walking away.
"Don't you dare walk away from me you disgrace!"

All I remember was that Katherine was coming towards me and yanked my hair. She threw me at the wall and I'm not sure what she threw, but glass shattered all over the floor after it hit my head. I woke up many hours later just laying there on the floor. My head hurt so much, there was blood dripping from the gash in my forehead. I didn't want to get off the floor, I felt paralyzed. Bruises and bruises all over. I can tell that she beat me even more after I blacked out. I heard someone unlocking the front door. I was freaking out, Katherine was probably coming home after sleeping around with another guy. I wish my dad understood she is not at all what he thought. She's a monster.

The door opens and I'm so frightened that tears are running down my bloodstained cheeks. It's not Katherine at all. It's my dad. For the first time in what seems forever, he's actually here. The look on his face when he walked through the door was terrible. He dropped all of his stuff and kneeled to the ground.

"Oh Venus. What happened?"
"Daddy," I was coughing up blood," It was Katherine."
"She would never have done this for no reason. What did you do?"

The words hurt so much, he thought I did something. He thought that I actually deserved it. I felt so weak I couldn't cry. Moments later, I blacked out again. I woke up in a hospital bed with Katherine by my side. My heart rate went up and I tried so hard to move, but I couldn't. She was worse than death and I would have to deal with her until my dad realized the true person she was. Which he may never realize.

"Don't you ever try to make me look bad again okay? You selfish child."

I would rather die than have to deal with Katherine. The doctors come in with my results and say that I have three broken ribs and my brain isn't functioning correctly. That's the reason why I can't move. My brain isn't capable of signaling my muscles to move. I'm basically paralyzed and that's not the scariest part. I'm terrified that after I get out, I have to go back home and live with Katherine.