Chapter 09 : She Jumped

Tyler left me. He said he couldn't be seen with me; not after all the rumors were spread. Apparently people think I was raped by some man that Katherine let into the house. Some believe that I just didn't feel like coming to school because I think I'm so special. What have I have done to these people? Even when I thought I couldn't lose anymore, I did. I am so empty. I see no purpose for me at all. There is no flicker of hope still lingering inside. I am dead. It doesn't even really hurt, I barely feel anything at all. So why life when you're lifeless. I'm done. I'm done with it all. I'm not even going home today. No one wants me there anyway.

Tyler's POV

I probably broke that poor girls heart, but I care more about my reputation. I stayed after school and did my usual football practice. It was a pretty normal day, until I got home. I walked into the front door of my house and my mom was sitting by the front door waiting for me.

"Where's Vee?" Asked my mom.
"I have no idea?"
"So she wasn't with you?"
"No. Is everything okay?"
"Oh everything is okay. Katherine called asking where she was."

I went to my room and pulled out my phone. A missed call from Katherine and several texts from girls in my schools asking if I'm really single.

"Hey Vee, are you okay?"
"Yeah? I'm fine Tyler."
"Why aren't you at home?"
"I don't always have to be at home. Don't worry about it."

I remember her logging into the finding iPhone app on my phone and I look to see where she's at. It says she's near some water? Why would she be there? I get into my car and drive to the location her phone is directing me. I pull up to a bridge and see her standing on the rail.

"Vee! Get down!"
"Tyler, it's okay."
"It's not okay. Oh my god, why are you doing this?"

I took a few steps closer, maybe of natural instinct. I don't care if I actually never liked her, but this is wrong. This is not the answer.

"Stay back Tyler."
"What is the purpose in doing this?"
"I have nothing left, nothing to keep me here. Don't worry, everyone will forget."

And that's when she jumped.