27|| Harry

Harry backed against the wall, staring in horror. A flash of gold caught his eye and his heart rate slowed down a millisecond— Jason was still there. But then the Basilisk moved again, and Harry squeezed his eyes shut.

>>>•Jason POV•<<<

Jason could feel the ground vibrating as the Basilisk unwound itself and slithered down to the floor. Then suddenly, there was a screech and a sound of feathers falling to the ground as it hit something hard. The ground rumbled some more, and Jason squinted in the reflection of his gladius.

Fawkes was attaching the Basilisk. Jason watched as it struck again, avoiding the poisonous fangs lashing out. It aimed for the head and flew straight on—

There was a sudden shower of dark blood on the floor. The Basilisk thrashed about in agony, and Jason caught sight of its face before he could turn away— the serpent's eyes were punctured and bleeding. Jason relaxed and lowered his gladius, he could look now. And just in time.

Riddle laughed, opening his arms like he wanted a group hug. "The children of the Basilisk are coming! They feel their mother's pain. Harry Potter," His eyes gleamed red again, matching the blood on the floor. "You will die today."

Jason stared at the statue's mouth again, where hundreds of little hissing noises could be heard. He watched as at least fifty lesser basilisks emptied into the chamber, hissing around Harry. They opened their frills and breathed fire— the ones Jason was familiar with.

"So this is where they all came from," He muttered, before leveling his weapon and charging.

>>>•3rd person POV•<<<

Jason fought like a demon, slicing through basilisks left and right as he neared Harry. Riddle stopped laughing in surprise at his first sight of Jason.

"What is this?" He hissed. "Who are you?"

Jason didn't answer as he hacked through more basilisks. Harry was running out of the corner of his eye— he sprinted over smaller snakes and reached the sorting hat. Desperately, he jammed it on his head.

Riddle was angrily moving over to Jason, the snakes parting for him. He whipped out Harry's wand and pointed it at the stranger.

"Who are you?" He demanded again. Jason just turned and stabbed at him, but the weapon went right through Riddle like he wasn't there. Jason cursed and turned back to the monsters, avoiding the acid and fire they sprayed. The snakes grouped in all at once, and Jason jumped up to avoid them.

He flew.

Riddle stared in astonishment at the blonde boy rising into the air, brandishing the shining gold weapon with skill and determination. He silently resolved to learn how to fly one day.

Jason glanced at Harry, who was ripping the hat off his head. He watched as Harry picked up a silver and red sword and turned to the mother Basilisk. But he could watch no longer as the remaining smaller basilisks blew a stream of fire at him. Jason wove under and ducked, aiming straight down to the ground. With a thunk, he impaled the last few basilisks. They dissolved into piles of snake-shaped golden dust.

"KILL THE BOY! LEAVE THE BIRD! THE BOY IS BEHIND YOU! SNIFF— SMELL HIM!" Jason turned midair and saw Riddle had turned his attention back to Harry, and was screaming at the Basilisk. Harry had stumbled to his feet, sword out in front of him. Jason watched as the basilisk lunged towards him and struck the Chamber wall— it reared back and lunged again, this time aiming directly at Harry— Harry thrust the sword upwards, driving it up the Basilisks throat where the tip just pierced the other side, but just as the Basilisk fell, a pure white fang drove itself into Harry's arm—